Pump not taking anything off... buy a new one?

Jezzielin

Reaction score
Does anyone have that feeling like you are just not suctioning? I called the helpline and suggested I buy new white caps that connect the flange to the tubing. No real change. The suction is good though, it is just not taking ANYTHING off. Granted I am not making much now, but noticed it a while ago. It's like the nipple only gets lightly pulled in, not forceful at all.

I have stopped pumping over the past month but think I need to start having pumping sessions on my weekends to get my supply going again!

I noticed when LO got a little older for some reason I just stopped reacting to the pump as well as I had been before. Especially when I no longer had a letdown with pumping.

This is my third, and I work, so I have a few pumps. I've found it works for me to switch to a different pump once in a while, as my body will stop reacting to one. Pumps like the Medela Pump in Style are very different than the Avent pumps, for example. I have a Medela PIS, Medela Freestlye, Avent Isis, Avent New Dual, and a cheaper Insurance-issue Medela. I keep a couple at work and at home. Guess I'm a bit neurotic, but I'm not a great pumper, and I've neede every advantage to make it through breastfeeding three without ever having to supplement, while working full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->