Pumping and work...

eppgirl

Reaction score
With my oldest and the twins I wasn't working while I was breastfeeding, but this time I will be when baby is born.
I have no idea how to pump at work lol, or when.
I'm not sure what my hours are going to be right now, I have orientation Friday and then I'll get my schedule.
Any tips on pumping at work?

I exclusively pump and latch my daughter seldomly but I don’t work. I suggest you pump every 3-4 hours while at work which is what I do at home. Ask your employer for a designated area where you could pump comfortably. If possible nurse on demand when you get home. Best of luck!

I get one 45 minute break during the day. I pump before work, once during my break, and sometimes (if i don't pump enough during the day) after work. I see you live in the US, i don't know about NC - but where i live they passed a law saying a woman has a legal right to a private place and time to pump during the day if you're working. I'd just talk to your employer about it and see what you can figure out.

Get a good pump - my first pump took me 45 minutes to pump every day. I bought the new medela this time and can get it done in 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->