Pumping Ovary Pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by eeyore007, Apr 12, 2009.

1. eeyore007

eeyore007 New Mummy to Frances

Hi,

I'm 4 weeks (2 weeks post conception) :happydance: and I am experiencing some discomfort in my left ovary (I know this one produced the little star egg!!). Of course I went down the 'I'm ectopic' route and having wiki'd it I've found that its the ovary pumping out hormones telling the lining to stay put as the eggs been fertilized. It waid that this would continue until the placenta is established and takes over the hormone pumping, then the ovary will calm down and go back to sleep.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know when the ovary will calm down? I thought it was, but last night it was still doing it?

Thanks for any input!!

2. Eoz

Eoz Mummy of 5! Eeek!

you sure you dont have a cyst on it hun? That can cause similar syptoms x

3. eeyore007

eeyore007 New Mummy to Frances

I don't think so (although I don't know so!). I've always been very ovary aware, but only ever during ovulation. i.e., I get a twang, then ooh oooh oooh, then it dies away. lasts literally a few minutes. Now it's doing a throb at regular intervals and having googled it, it does seem quite normal, just not likely to feel it in all cases. At the moment I'm happy with it, just really want to know how long it will last - i.e., how long before the placenta is established.
    Will certainly be mentioning it to the nurse when I have the pregnancy confirmed, which I wouldn't have done had you not mentioned a possible cyst, much appreciated - you may have noticed something that could be important!

4. Eoz

Eoz Mummy of 5! Eeek!

only reason i said that is cos I had a cyst through out my last pregnancy and it twinged alot.But also know as you said it can just be normal as you so early xxx

5. Maidenet

Maidenet Well-Known Member

My ovarie areas have been aching.... hum I was wondering what it was!

6. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I *think* the placenta takes over at about 12 weeks (ish!) which is why hormone related symptoms often ease up for alot of women by then.

7. RobenR

RobenR Mum to miracle girl & boy

I get that on the right side, every few days a quick sharp pain and then nothing, but throbbing and pulsing in the uterus area. Apparently it's normal but it still freaks me out.