Pumping Ovary Pain

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 4 weeks (2 weeks post conception) :happydance: and I am experiencing some discomfort in my left ovary (I know this one produced the little star egg!!). Of course I went down the 'I'm ectopic' route and having wiki'd it I've found that its the ovary pumping out hormones telling the lining to stay put as the eggs been fertilized. It waid that this would continue until the placenta is established and takes over the hormone pumping, then the ovary will calm down and go back to sleep.

Anyone else experiencing this, or know when the ovary will calm down? I thought it was, but last night it was still doing it?

Thanks for any input!!

you sure you dont have a cyst on it hun? That can cause similar syptoms x

I don't think so (although I don't know so!). I've always been very ovary aware, but only ever during ovulation. i.e., I get a twang, then ooh oooh oooh, then it dies away. lasts literally a few minutes. Now it's doing a throb at regular intervals and having googled it, it does seem quite normal, just not likely to feel it in all cases. At the moment I'm happy with it, just really want to know how long it will last - i.e., how long before the placenta is established.
Will certainly be mentioning it to the nurse when I have the pregnancy confirmed, which I wouldn't have done had you not mentioned a possible cyst, much appreciated - you may have noticed something that could be important!

only reason i said that is cos I had a cyst through out my last pregnancy and it twinged alot.But also know as you said it can just be normal as you so early xxx

My ovarie areas have been aching.... hum I was wondering what it was!

I *think* the placenta takes over at about 12 weeks (ish!) which is why hormone related symptoms often ease up for alot of women by then.

I get that on the right side, every few days a quick sharp pain and then nothing, but throbbing and pulsing in the uterus area. Apparently it's normal but it still freaks me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->