Pushchair suitable for a toddler and newborn! HELP!

inxsmhpy

Mummy to a tribe of 6! =)
Reaction score
I am really struggling to find something I like :( Ideally I want something I can use now then convert to use for two. The seat for the baby must lie back and recline. I'm not keen on the ones where the second seat is close to the ground! :wacko: am I expecting too much??

Anyone have any suggestions please??? :flower:

What about the Baby Jogger City Select? https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx The lower seat is at the front (rather than at the back as in most tandems) and although it's probably lower than a "normal" pushchair, it's not as low as some.

If you don't want a tandem at all, the only side-by-side double which converts to a single is the Bugaboo Donkey. It has come under fire for not *really* being suitable for a toddler and a newborn, as the seat unit is quite small, so if your toddler is average sized or larger, they outgrow it very quickly. It's also very expensive, although you might be able to start seeing second hand ones available now that it's been out for a few months.

Your toddler is the same age as mine and I'm *hoping* to avoid a double.

I have a buggy board for my Bugaboo and will be wearing new baby in a sling for as long as possible.

I love the Donkey but the rest of them look so heavy. I had a Mothercare tandem when Lennon was a newborn but I couldn't lift it up kerbs!

Oooh have you looked at the Icandy ones if you want something you can convert from one to two?

I had a play around with every double - single conversion there is out there, spent hours in shops putting my daughter in and

I spent hours in so many different shops trying out all the different single - double conversions there are out there and finally decided on the iCandy peach blossom.

I didn't like the bugaboo donkey as it looked ridiculous as a single and the seats are tiny. The only tandem that came up to scratch for me was the icandy.

The seats don't fully recline as a double but I have the lower seat carricot for the baby when she arrives. Plus I have the maxi cosi car seat so will attach that to it too if I'm only popping out quickly. A lot of reviews said the second lower seat unit was really small but my daughter has tons of room in it and I even put my 3 year old nephew in it and he was fine. Plus it'll be the new baby going in the second seat and I figure by the time she outgrows the second seat my eldest won't need the use of a pushchair anymore anyway and I'll convert it back to a single.

It arrived the day after I ordered it from John lewis! I'm already using it as a single for my daughter but have already had a play around with all the different options and I'm not disappointed at all!

X

Thank you everyone :hugs: I actually really wish I could convince myself not to get one at all and just wear baby until Skyla is ready for a buggy board. But I've got a strange feeling this is going to be a big boy :haha: My bump is huge in comparison to when I was having Skyla!

MummytoSummer do you mind me asking how much your iCandy Peach blossom was??

Thanks again everyone :flower:

I've gone for the iCandy Peach Stroller- ready for when I'm in this situation (planning ahead!) as it converts to the peach blossom, it is on the dear side - I paid £900 for the stroller/carrycot - so would probably be a couple of hundred more for the blossom?!?

It is gorgeous though and so easy to push around/fold up etc.

We bought the iCandy pushchair itself which was £595, the converter kit for £190, the lower carricot for £160 and the maxi cosi lower car seat adaptors for £30. So the whole lot came to £975 in John Lewis but my brothers girlfriend used her 25% discount for us as she works there so we paid just over £700 for the lot.

It is pricey but seeing as it converts back to a single I figure we're gonna get our money's worth out of it as we'll be using it til Skye is 3, 3 and a half I would imagine.

X

Oh my that is pricey!! I really like the look of it too. Not sure if I can talk DH round to spending that sort of money though :(

My son is same age as your daughter and like another poster said I am going to get a buggy board and wear the baby.

I am gonna get the buggy board soon and let him
Practice when we are out and about. Then if we go out for the day as a family i have the other big buggy and small Quincy zapp to tale so they both have a buggy.

Sneaking in from first tri! We're going for icandy pear! My current pram broke so I bought a second hand nearly new icandy apple and will be buying the converter kit to make it into a pear :) Bought the second hand apple for £250 on ebay and buying the converter stuff and carrycot, etc from a friend for £200 x

We've got the Baby Jogger City Mini double , tried it out & I'm totally impressed! Really lightweight and the reviews I've read are all good. :) I know Joe will be 2 when LO is born and I would of loved a nice pram for the baby but also don't want to rely on a buggy board especially with Joe not even walking anywhere now without wanting carried and he's a heavy boy! I think a double is a must for me.

You may like to have alook at the out and about Nipper. I've seen a few of these around and they look dead comfy. Don't know how far they recline though.

Sneaking in from first tri! We're going for icandy pear! My current pram broke so I bought a second hand nearly new icandy apple and will be buying the converter kit to make it into a pear :) Bought the second hand apple for £250 on ebay and buying the converter stuff and carrycot, etc from a friend for £200 x

Never actually even occured to me to look at second hand :dohh:

Thank you everyone else who has replied :hugs: This is why I love baby and bump!! X x x

I tell u the best Pam is the 2011 Britain b dual. its what i have just bought from ebay nearly new for £200 !!! U can put a carseat on top or bottom and even use maxi cosi carseat if u buy the oyster adapters. U can use a soft carry cot on the top or bottom and the toddler still has lots of room. u can also use it as a single. !!

Try it In motherland world u won't look back !!

We have both the iCandy Peach and the Phil & Teds Explorer. I think they are both great and the Phil & Teds is alot more reasonable priced. The older child either sits at the top or bottom depending on how reclined the new baby is. The new baby can actually be laid completely flat and we've brought a little cocoon that fits in there.

Given the criteria that the second seat shouldn't be too close to the ground, that pretty much rules out the B-dual. It's a fantastic pushchair, but the second seat *is* low (common to a lot of of tandems), and there is no getting around that.

https://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=fZbfR953yCE

https://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=TErc1DWOKLs

Given the criteria that the second seat shouldn't be too close to the ground, that pretty much rules out the B-dual. It's a fantastic pushchair, but the second seat *is* low (common to a lot of of tandems), and there is no getting around that.

I am certainly starting to realise that with a tandem there's going to have to be some compromise somewhere!

it is low yes, but if u put the soft carrycot in the bottom it is lifted up quite a bit. i felt the same until i tried it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->