Pushchairs - Bugaboo in particular!

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
Hi everyone x

We are currently getting through the mine field that is choosing a pram. I really like the Bee as its lightweight, not over engineered, simple and also a top brand.

I'm not going to lie , I am a bit of a brand snob :blush:

We have been to the pram shop (sells all makes of prams) the last 2 weekends, and can't help noticing that we are the ONLY people looking at the Bugaboos. Most are looking at the Icandy's.

Are Bugaboo's seen as unfashionable now, to be overtaken by the icandy?

Has anyone else gone for the Bugaboo?

I've read a lot of people on here have gone for the icandy and we could easily rack up 10 pages of replies if you all post to tell me how amazing they are! For me though, i dont like how they look. So I feel the Bugaboo is my only option

Does anyone know if there are any other options apart from Bugaboo, icandy or Phil & Teds? (I dont want a shop brand one)

Thank you!!

Sorry but bugaboo all the way :thumbup:

I was umming and aahing between the two but the bug just felt and looked a bit sturdier for me, I also liked the fact that I could have more options re:colours and fabrics etc. I know the icandy have conversion kits but I'm not keen on the seating positions for the 'underneath' baby.
Also the length of the seat units is slightly longer in the bug so likely to last a little longer.
I'm lucky in that I wouldn't have been traipsing on and off buses as may have had to choose something lighter then.

I genuinely love it :blush: and am gutted because I've just had to buy a double pram and the bugaboo one won't be out in Britain in time for me :cry: :winkwink: - still keeping my bug though for once the older child is walking fully :happydance:

I would say don't go with fashion, just go with what you like and will be happy with but I can honestly say it was an investment, people used to just think they were a fashion accesory but you see soooo many now as people have realised that they are just a really nice pram :flower:

I'm buying a Bugaboo...I've wanted one long before we even thought about having a baby. Now I just need to rationalize the purchase to OH...lol. Not that we can't afford it, I can pay for it on my own just fine. I just don't want to tell him the cost and have him think I am insane.

We've gone for the Bee for the following reasons:

- Really lightweight
- Rear and forward facing. Also lays flat for newborns.
- Can fold the pram with seat still attached.
- Compatible with maxi-cosi (will need adaptors).

One of the highest price prams, along with the Chameleon but totally worth it.
i know many people have gone for icandy but it was way too bulky for me and my situation.
Just make a mental list of what you would like in a pram to have (to make you and the baby's life easier)...

xxxxxxxxx

Buy a bugaboo they are amazing! I have the bugaboo chamleon for my LO who is 10 weeks and i cannot fault it at all.

Carly x

I'm getting a Bugaboo Cameleon...... I love it! :) xx

bugaboo vs icandy... it is a tough choice imo!
we had the Chameleon for dd when she was first born, and i have adored it and used it all the time.
at 6months i wanted the icandy cherry so brought that too, and had both.
i don't no if i could give a definite answer to which i prefer. dd grew to tall for both really, the bug first, by the time she was 20 months, and we switched to a stroller, which i like the look of it (juicy couture maclaren) but to me it's not as comfortable as the bug or icandy.
i do prefer the basket on the icandy, i never thought much of this before mads, but it's really big and the bug one can be quite inaccessible. i would also say the icandy has worn soooooo much better, i have kept both in excellent condition and always cleaned one a week, but the chassis on the bug has def. gone, not impressed when we paid near a thousand pounds with all accessories etc.
saying all this, the bug has been wonderful and has done it's job, plus they both fitted in the boot of my beetle which was an added bonus (and i don't no if i want to part with my car even now we're expecting number 2 :lol:)

for this baby, unless something else AMAZING comes on the market then i shall def. be choosing between these two brands again, we're selling both our cherry and cam to buy baby a new pram :D

enjoy choosing :flower:

Ive got a few friends who have got bugaboos and are happy with them.. me personally am going for a icandy.. another name I looked at which I think am becoming quite popular are the Stokke ones x

Hi,

I've been advised by a few of my friends it's bugaboo all the way! We're yet to buy ours but when we went to test drive a few prams Bugaboo Cameleon/Bee plus stood out for us. We just now need to decided which one!

I love the cameleon though because I love the carry cot and I like that babies can lie completely flat. Also we plan to use it just like a moses basket for sleeps during the day.

My friend says you cant beat the bugaboo when your shopping etc because you can get round corners using just your elbows!

So I'm on team Bugaboo!

x

Sorry I wanted to add my other friend has got a Mountain Buggy and she loves it. We're not going for it because we didn't want a 3 wheeler but it's another option for you?

https://www.pramworld.co.uk/product/7104/Mountain_Buggy_Urban_New_2010_Chilli

x

Hi girls!

I really don't wanna be shot down here but I don't like the bugaboo! Lol, that's just my opinion though. I like prams that look like prams lol. I do like the Icandy though. I've ordered the silver cross linear freeway and I love it!

Claire xxx

My biggest regret 2 years ago was not buying the bugaboo chameleon!! My dd was not comfortable in any of the 'make do' travel systems or pushchairs we went through. It may or may not make any difference, but I'm sure thinking carefully about my next pushchair purchase! Will now check out the icandy options now it's been mentioned a lot on here xxxxx

Bugaboo all the way...I've got the cam and love it. I'm gutted the double pram won't be out in time for my 2nd one to be born.

Best pram in the world. lol

I have the Bee Plus and can't really say anything bad about it. It's perfect on public transport and makes me feel very smug when all the other mums have to get on at the back of the bus (London buses), park the buggy and then leave baby to go and pay, whereas I can get on at the front as it fits easily down the aisle! Most of the mums round here seem to have the Cameleon but they're all the 4-wheel-drive car type who wouldn't be seen dead on the bus! I do know a lot of people who have the Bee Plus now though and nobody has any complaints.

Have you done a decent test drive of both of the prams you're interested in? I always say to pregnant friends that you should take a very heavy handbag out with you (think sack of spuds) and then go to a big shop where you can put the bag in the buggy and push it around. An empty buggy is a very different creature to one with a 20lb baby in it!

im defo team bugaboo cant wait to get mine were have a red and black cam one eeeek excited thinking bout it lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"