Putting baby to bed...

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Molly will fall asleep in my arms, then as soon as I put her down she's awake again :dohh: She will only fall asleep feeding, and wont take a dummy.

anyone else? no idea what to do with her! Apparently I was the same as a baby, I have apologised to my dad :haha: xx

That's just what babies do! Don't worry about it! I posted loads on here worrying about my LO and whether her sleeping on me and needing to feed to sleep would create a rod for my own back as it were..and then she suddenly grew out of it! I found that she just started sleeping without needing me feeding her or touching her. She now goes down awake, I kiss her, say night night and I leave the room! (no crying)

I would let her feed to sleep for as long as she needs that comfort. I think if I had tried to force her to sleep without the feeding before my LO was ready there would have been a lot of tears and sleepless nights! Your LO is still very young and just wants her mummy. Enjoy this time x x

My LO was the same, I warm his cot up so he doesn't notice the temp difference and put a t shirt that smells of me down and shush and pat until he's sleeping :)

try a hot water bottle in her bed before you put her in so the sheets arent cold. also try putting her in after a feed before she gets too sleepy and stroke her head, i also have s slumber bear which helps as a last resort. i know a lot of people swear by the johhnsons bed time bath stuff but i havent tried it myself. good luck i know how hard it is. my lo sometimes sleeps with us cause he just wont settle.

Amelia was like this, she needed to be rocked to sleep and couldnt be put down awake but she got to about 4 months and we put her down awake when she is getting tired and she goes to sleep within a couple of minutes. It just happened, one day she couldnt settle herself then she could.

My lo is exactly the same, can't offer any advice coz I've tried everything but I know how you feel :(. It's so frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->