• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Putting carseat in the car?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
When is the best time to put the car seat in the car ready? I ordered mine and it came yesterday and whenever i get anything new i always want to either assemble it or test it out :haha: but we put the car seat in the car yesterday fitted safey and everything.. but now i dont know weather to leave it in or take it out till nearer the time?

Whats everyone else doing?
xx

Ours hasn't arrived yet, but I'm just going to leave it in the house until it's needed. Hubby has been trained by the store staff how to get the isofix and everything in. So he can just get it all sorted before he comes to pick me and baby up at the hospital. :) I always want to play with all my new stuff as well. I just keep telling myself - the less weight the car has to carry the less petrol it uses. *laughs*

btw. love your christmas bump picture. So sweet :)

I put the base in yesterday and I'm gonna leave it in now.

The seat is gonna stay in the house until I need it, it might get cold & damp if you leave it in the car all the time?! I dunno, I've just instructed my mum to pick me up from the hospital in my car and not to forget the car seat hehe! xx

Thankyou :)

and the thing is my dad will most likly have to take me to hospital when it all happens and he will have to stay with me :haha: so im just thinking itll need to be in a couple weeks early of something .. cause its only me and my dad at home.. my mum lives lik 45mins away from me :( x

Hmmmm....won't do any harm to leave it in :) and you can get all excited everytime you get in your car hehe!!

But your dad might have to go home if you're staying overnight, suppose it depends how long you're in for xx

Yeah my mums going to the hospital anyway but she lives like 45mins away so she wont get there straight away :haha: and shes ment to be my birthing partner! :haha: but soon as i feel anything like its all happening then ill have to ring her! but i spose my dad would have to come back for the car seat if didnt have it ready or something lol
x

i never put mine in until afetr lo's were born, as there really was no need
- no harm in it either though hun

if its in i dont see a problem with leaving it there, as for it getting cold and damp well the bigger car seats are in cars all the time and there fine? Charlies car seat is in the car constantly because its not practical to take it in and out plus i have no reason to take it in and out? our car seat is in the cubbard near the front door waiting to be put in the car, its staying in there untill after xmas but i dont have any reason to put it in the car because if anything does happen we'll just pick it up on the way out, plus OH is going to pick family up on the 22nd so he needs the car empty anyway, after xmas when we go to visit family at home i'll be putting the car seat in and taking it with us just incase i go in too labour while we're away for new year and it'll probably stay there along with the hospital bags untill i need it!

Yeah i might take it out it was just fact about where to put it cause our house is cluttered at min all babys stuff shuved in one room in boxes still.. and my sisters coming back for christmas so i need to move all that stuff into garage thats been converted into like a room .. so it would be better left in the car as we have no one to pick up take anywhere .. its just if my dads going to be taking me to the hospital when it all happens hell have to come home to fetch it but i spose it wouldnt really matter.. cause he might have to anyway if i stay in hospital or something .. maybe if were rushing he could just put it in the boot :haha: and fix it in when i come out x

I'm going to attempt to fit mine in my car in the next day or two then it'll come back in the house until we need it. Ours doesn't have a carseat base though.

well then i would say theres not much point in fitting it in the car :rofl: u just have too bring it in too the hospital too carry baby to the car in anyway, maybe just putting it in the boot is the best idea, thats were ours will probably be after xmas!

I have mine, I'm not putting it in my moms car till like very close cause it takes up so much space:p

Lol yeah i know i dont know what to do haha think im going to leave it for time being in the car its fitted in without a base .. but doubt my dads guna be putting seat belt and fitting it in again when my waters brake or something :haha:

it doesnt need too be fitted on the way too the hospital :rofl: but if its in id just leave it! i forgot mine when my waters broke with charlie chris had to go all the way home like half an hour too get it hahaha

No but i mean it needs to go in like week before my due date or something because my dad is the only one who can take me to hospital as everyone else lives a good 45 mins away! .. and it might take like 20=30 mins to get to the hospital and id rather my dad have it all ready and there he could always go back home and get it and come back hospital again but that seems abit pointless lol

ayee, just leave it there then haha you worry too much, Has little man got a name yet anyway?

Im worrying cause of this stupid doctor thats told me hes a big baby and im a week ahead of what im ment to be lol! even though it not mean owt but to me it does :haha: just with christmas and new year coming its all hectic lol babys room aint even ready! cause my sister needs the room when shes back from uni for christmas :growlmad: and then were moving next year :rofl: madness!!! and no hes nameless still :lol: hopeing something will come to me soon tbh :) x

i wont be taking the seat with me when i go in to have the baby, im sure dh will be home before i get out so he will just bring it up when he comes to collect me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"