• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Putting on weight?

Danuta

Reaction score
Hi!

This might seem like a stupid question, what I am about to ask. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I'm finding that already I put on quite a bit of weight, 4 kilos and I'm starting to get bigger. Already my trousers are not fitting! I was just wondering if it's normal, do other people find this? Probably it's stupid but I feel really unattractive!

I'm just worried because my friend said that it's more than normal amount of weight gain and that when she was pregnant she wasn't showing at all at 16 weeks! And I already feel like I look huge!

Sorry for the probably stupid questions.

Greetings,
Danuta

Don't feel bad, honey. I am a week or so behind you and the last 2 weeks I have felt HUGE. a few days ago I realized just how big my butt is getting. My clothes just aren't fitting right. I have on my preggo pants today and yay for them! I am much more comfy and look, it is what it is. Pregnancy is not a time for a diet or to wiggle into a miniskirt.
No one should be trying to lose weight right now even though some gals do. I didn't because my morning sickness wasn't that bad. Instead, I have put on 6 pounds. Oh well...plenty of time to diet when baby gets here:)
Some people gain quicker, show quicker, etc than others. Unless your MW or DR tells you to worry, don't.

Everyone is different so dont feel bad! Obviously make sure are not carrying alot of unecessary weight just for your and bubbas health.

I was starting to get pretty uncomfortable in normal clothes at about 16 weeks too

x

Oh, thank you so much for writing! I feel a bit better now and not worried. I thought it is something not normal about me or something!
The worst thing is this horrible work uniform which I must wear, with a small white shirt.. now I almost can't button it and it's really uncomfortable as well as makes me look fat! I'm sure soon I won't even be able to wear it and they don't have spare uniforms in a bigger size. So I am worried because I don't know what will my manager say...

Its normal hon. People put on weight early and some not until 3rd tri haha!
:) Nothing to worry about, Im sure you look great!

Everyone is different so dont feel bad! Obviously make sure are not carrying alot of unecessary weight just for your and bubbas health.

I was starting to get pretty uncomfortable in normal clothes at about 16 weeks too

x

I don't think I'm too overweight because I used to be normal-ish and now I feel a bit big, but lately I get tired walking around and working and I think it might be from carrying more weight. So I don't know if this is a problem or not?

i have gained a ton. and even though there are two babes in there i know that is not where all the weight went. i am 18 weeks and have gained 25 pounds. i was at doc today and gained ten just in the last month. i am scared how big i will be if i keep gaining at this rate!

Uh...I'm at 26 weeks and have gained 40 pounds. Feel my pain :(

They need to provide you with a uniform you can wear properly!

I've gained plenty - by 16 weeks I had gained 15 pounds (about 7kgs) so I'm close to you - too scared to weigh myself now. The book I've got says 'at about 27 weeks you might find that you now need to wear maternity clothes.'

i've been wearing mat trousers for about 6 weeks already!

I am only 14 weeks today and have already gained 9 pounds.
It looks like its all in the belly though!

I gained around 4 stone with my dd, but a lot of that was amniotic fluid!!
It was like a stream when they burst it. Even the Doctor was shocked :)

I am not worried. Just relax and try to enjoy. It all comes off evenually after they are born.

It's funny how the weight seems just to go to one place! Apart from baby, my stomach and waist seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day!

I started to put on weight around 16 weeks, i've put on 10lbs now x

I'm 15 weeks today and i have so far put on about 10lb! I had put this on by 12-13weeks and have stayed the same up till now :)

I have a vague idea how much I weighed before I found out I was pregnant. Since my initial weigh in with my MW I have refused to weigh myself because I know it will make me paranoid and feel unattractive.

I know I have put on loads - mostly around my boobs and tummy and any semblence of a waist I once had has gone. Every woman is different, I know friends who put on little or no weight apart from her very neat very tiny bump you could hardly tell she was pregnant and another friend who started as a started as a tiny size 8 and went up to a size 16/18 by the time she had reached the end of 2nd Tri.

I know it's difficult to put our weight worries to one side - especially when you have all those extra hormones running through your system, but as long as you and your baby are healthy then that to me is the most important thing.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"