Q about private AMH test

Imaan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I has a free 15min consultation at a private fertility clinic this evening to ask about AMH testing (to check ovarian reserve... in order to decide if we should go for IUI or IVF) but she said the test itself will cost 130 pounds and then I'd need a consultation which would cost 181 pounds.

I actually don't want to consultation as I just need the result of the AMH test so I can proceed with the NHS. I was wondering if anyone knows if private clinics will hand out test results without you attending the consultation.

Many thanks

Wherabouts in the uk are you?

Sometimes you can arrange it yourself via TDL but you will need you GP to draw the blood and post it (but you pay for the test not the nhs)

Occasionally you can find a private clinic that will test and send the results to you GP (v's a consult) few will just let you pay and get the results yourself........mine were shocking and i was just told over the phone with no info at all :(

Wherabouts in the uk are you?

Sometimes you can arrange it yourself via TDL but you will need you GP to draw the blood and post it (but you pay for the test not the nhs)

Occasionally you can find a private clinic that will test and send the results to you GP (v's a consult) few will just let you pay and get the results yourself........mine were shocking and i was just told over the phone with no info at all :(

Gosh it really seems like a money-making scheme doesn't it!
Did you eventually go for the private consultation?

Thanks for that info. it's really useful!

I did go for the consult (I had it booked in anyway) I'd only had the amh done because it was suspected i have PCOS and my amh would be very high......turned out the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->