Quality of baby clothes

Palestrina

Reaction score
Casually shopping around at baby stores I've noticed that the quality of babies clothes tends to be quite low. I've seen more polyester and synthetic clothing than I thought would be acceptable for baby's skin. Of course this stuff is cheaper and they grow out of it so fast that some people don't think twice about the quality. Is anyone else buying clothes conscious of it being 100% cotton or is this not something I should worry about it?

It depends really, I mean most of the wintery stuff ive seen is polyester or some other man-made fiber, but most of the summer clothes I've spotted are cotton. I'll be sticking to cotton in the first few months because it's going to be summer months, and then atleast baby's skin will have a chance to breath.

I'm not really that worried about the material, just more concerned at the lack of quality haha

I get a mix of clothes/babygrows etc, in cheapness and some more lovelier quality things which I hope lasts longer.
I have 14 vests so far, which are newborn, and they seem to be lovely quality, for the actual dresses etc (i love denim) it needs to be good quality, I have been very thankful from people giving me hand me downs, from 'Next' etc which are wonderful for baby clothes and being great quality, so I have bought a couple bits from there to.
I have even kept a gorgeous dress all my girls have worn, which I am looking forward to giving to our little girl to :cloud9: and a few trouser sets

OK I am going on and on now lol!
But I do think some of the quality of baby clothes isn't top notch, I wish it was better, but you get what you pay for I suppose x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->