Question 4 ppls who've had a baby b4

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by purple_socks, Apr 26, 2009.

1. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

Does the crowning bit really hurt?
    i'm really scared its gonna burn!! just wanted to know about other peoples experinces?
    whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?)
    does it last ages?
    does water make it hurt less?
    did u think it was the worse bit of labour?
    tell me all....

2. LoraLoo

LoraLoo Pregnant with a Rainbow

Does the crowning bit really hurt? Yep but not as bad as you imagine- plus you know baby will be out any minute so the pain really is bearable!

i'm really scared its gonna burn!! just wanted to know about other peoples experinces? Yes, it is a 'burning' feeling, but it only lasts seconds and is over with!

whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?) Cant really compare it with anything, never had anything that big going in let aline coming out :rofl:

does it last ages? The crowning? Nah just minutes at most, mine were all really quick that part, by then all you want is to see the baby. Its definately a relief once the head is out though as the body isnt as bad and normally ot in 1 or 2 pushes.

does water make it hurt less? Pass

did u think it was the worse bit of labour? Nope, the contractions for me were deffo worst, all mine have been born in about 5 pushes!

3. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Does the crowning bit really hurt? Honestly, I didn't have a vaginal delivery, so I can't tell you... but I heard from my friends that it does feel like burning but once you have your baby in your arms the pain is forgotten :)

Whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?): I had a cesarean delivery. Contractions to me felt like very intense, painful menstrual cramps (I had an epidural). I felt this awful cramping in my lower abdomen, like something was bursting in there, but I don't have an explanation for it. Had back labour too.. can't really remember much about it but it hurt a lot and I didn't want to put any pressure on it. The c-section just felt like lots of pulling and pushing on my tummy, even frozen up to my armpits LOL I could tell right away when baby was out, I immediately felt lighter?

Does it last ages? Most people are able to push the baby out in less than an hour. I pushed for 2.5 hours and ended up having a cesarean delivery.

Does water make it hurt less? I'm not sure what you're asking here... but ice cubes helped me out during labour, I was really hot, and I used it as a method of distraction (chomping on them).

Did u think it was the worse bit of labour? Again didn't deliver vaginally.. but I'd say the contractions/back labour/cramping in my abdomen I felt were the worst.. and the nausea, hotness.

4. star-dust

star-dust Guest

Like hell but tbh its over and done with so quick you wont remeber it!

i'm really scared its gonna burn!! just wanted to know about other peoples experinces?

Its not to bad, you just have to grit your teeth and think of the lil life thats about to appear!

whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?)
    I cant imagane anythin like it at all!

does it last ages?

Nope just one bloody good push and its over!

I have heard its true but dont know as water births not for me!

tell me all....

No, as said its one bit you defo dont remeber, if you did Im sure no one would have more then one baby! as above contractions are the worst as they last the longest!

5. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

Does the crowning bit really hurt? it stings like a bitch!!

i'm really scared its gonna burn!! just wanted to know about other peoples experinces? its not called the ring of fire for nothing:rofl:-but it seriously doesnt last for long at all!!

whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?) id say-the biggest,hardest number 2 you have ever had! but worse!

does it last ages? no not at all less than a minute id say
    does water make it hurt less? no idea i have never had a water birth

tell me all....no its the 'best' bit because you know its almost over!! the contractions leading up to it are worse!!

6. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

I think the contractions hurt more - the crowning and pushing part was nowhere near as bad

I think it was quite like a burning sensation but TBH it wasnt so bad that I really remember that part!

does it last ages? No - seconds

does water make it hurt less? being in the pool helped me with contractions but I got out to push

did u think it was the worse bit of labour? The end of it!!! I really enjoyed it this time. :)
    Edit - i read that last one wrong :dohh: I thought it said which was the worse bit of labour. The crowning isnt IMO the contractions are much worse.

7. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

I didnt think crowning hurt at all, felt a slight burn tho but then i had to be cut.

Nothing like i have ever felt before

does it last ages?

not really i would say i was asked to keep tryin to push to see if head would come out without being cut for afew mins then after i was cut he flew out haha

i really wanted a water birth didnt get it :(

god no labour was far more painful, get past that pushing is easy.

hoe this makes u feel abit better! in myn opinion the labour and birth were not as bad as i thought. i was induced and only had gas and air

8. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

Does the crowning bit really hurt? I can't really remember but I rememebr it stings like hell! lol it kind of feels like, if you tried to put something in your mouth that is far too big and your mouth stretches and the corners start to really hurt...

does it last ages? I think it depends on the labour

does water make it hurt less? I heard water makes it hurt less but I don't know personally

did u think it was the worse bit of labour? God no. The worst bit was the contractions!!

9. Tiaenya

Tiaenya Well-Known Member

Does the crowning bit really hurt? it stings alot but its over within minutes, as your baby is just about to be delivered, so you have done the worst part.

its hard to put another pain/feeling to this as i suppose its different to everyone.

by far its not the worst part, the contractions for me are worst as they get closer and more stronger....

10. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

I don't remember.... I fell asleep in-between contractions and only woke up to 'do my bit'.

Worst bit of my labour was having my waters broken when I was only a few cm dilated (induction). But I got the b1tch back, my waters came out in a tidal wave and soaked her from the waist down! :rofl:

I got labia tearing and for a good few days I could only have a wee when sitting on the bidet or in the bath. But after a week it was all better. Regular pad changes, keep it clean down there and try and let the air get to it if you can before and after a bath (I just sat on the loo while the bath was filling up).

11. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

I'm not gonna be much help here, but I figure I'd share my two cents.

I don't actually remember much of the crowning and pushing and all that. I was really out of it from the Stadol. It couldn't have been that bad, because I didn't scream, swear at anyone, or try to kill my OH.

It's definitely not the worst part though. Like everyone else said, the contractions are the worst part.

It didn't last long either. My son was born with only 15 minutes of pushing, so crowning couldn't have taken that long. lol.

12. soon2b6

soon2b6 Mum to 6

My only recollection of the crowning part is feeling the stinging and thinking Ah sh*t Id forgotten about that part!! and OMG thats not fair. It wasnt too bad though, for me it was just that it was on top of the contractions , I felt Id suffered enough :rofl:
    Ive never had a water birth but I expect it would help cause it stings due to stretching,I recon water might help with that.
    The only thing I could compare it to will depend on how you experienced it so here I mean a fairly mild chinese burn (you know where kids twist the skin on your wrist in 2 different directions at once), that kind of sensation anyway.

13. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Does the crowning bit really hurt? Yeah, it hurts.
    i'm really scared its gonna burn!! just wanted to know about other peoples experinces? Oh yeah, it burns alreet!
    whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?) Nope, lol
    does it last ages? Lasts long enough
    does water make it hurt less? No idea
    did u think it was the worse bit of labour?Ermmm, yes and no, having constant contractions is just as bad tbh.

14. doumauk

doumauk mama to salim,expecting

I had a ventouse delivery so it was a bit different. I had been pushing for nearly 4 hours though so I was already bruised as hell.I also had to be cut without being numbed and without a contraction (doctor was a butcher and a half) I screamed my head off when they pulled him out,it hurt that much but I think that was more to do with how bruised and swollen I was from having his head nearly out for 4 hours. The pain goes as soon as your baby is out and you see him. Your on such a high you forget all about it. I was very sore for 2 weeks after and gradually it got better, think thats to do with being cut though. Im not sure how long it takes if you crown 'alone'
    The worst part of labour is definately the contractions because they last soooo much longer than pushing.

15. dellamaria

dellamaria Pregnant with number 2!

It hurt for me, from what I can remember, but it only lasts a minute really so it's no big deal. It's the contractions that are the killer! Not looking forward to that again!

16. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Personally i thought the crowning was 10 times worse than the contractions :lol:

As she was crowning i remember saying "oh f**k" :lol:

17. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

I cant remember it at all!! :dohh:

18. Sparky0207

Sparky0207 Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

Does the crowning bit really hurt? I didnt think it was that bad! It does hurt but nowhere near as bad as you'd think. It is a sort of burning pain

whats it feel like (is there anything u can compare it with that i'd prob have felt?) Nothing you ever experience will feeling anything like that!

does it last ages? Its different for everyone but when you are in labour time flies by! I was pushing for 35 mins but it felt like 5 mins

does water make it hurt less? Wouldnt know!

did u think it was the worse bit of labour? No way! I was only in labour for 3 hours but the conrtractions in the last hour were by far much worse than the pushing bit

19. Sparky0207

Sparky0207 Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

Oh and lucy came out with her arm up by her head so not only was I pushing her head out but I was pushing her arm out at the same time!