question about 1st-2nd tri & doing chinese gender prediction chart

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
hey ladies! :hugs: so im completely confused on when the second trimester starts.. am I still n first tri or am I now in second tri (13 weeks + 1 day)

one more question.. has anyone else tried the Chinese gender prediction chart? it asks u when u conceived & your birthdate.. im pretty sure I ovulated late December because I had EWCM December 29th & December 30th. so my question is ..when should I put I conceived December or January? it is a different gender for both so im just wondering because 2 of my friends did it while pregnant & it was right.

thanks 4 any help :hugs:

14 weeks Is the start of Your second trimester. You're so close, congrats! Idk much about the gender chart though.... (edited because my phone sucks lol)

I would say January because most women get the ewcm days before they actually ovulate, some people say beginning of week 13, some say beginning of week 14 for 2nd trimester, I'm more likely to say week 13 but that's just because it's encouraging for me but factually, it's probably week 14

Make sure you use your true chinese age, you can find a calculator that'll help you find it. I'm 35 but in chinese age I was 36 at conception. If I use my acutal age it's wrong about the kiddos I already have, when I used my chinese age, it was absolutely correct, every time. Also I would use January.

I would go with Jan. and please don't bank your money on the Chinese gender chart. I should have been a boy and trust me I'm all female. And this current baby should have been a female. It's fun to see these 'myths' and 'tales' to see which may or may not be right for you, but just don't put your faith in it. I have two friends that put all their faith in the Chinese Gender Chart even though I have proved to them it can be wrong.

Anyway good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. Congrats.

I always thought 2nd tri started at 13 weeks, that's what I went on in past pregnancies.
I would say conceived in January,
gender prediction were right for both my boys, this time it says a girl. I use the one on countdown to pregnancy

Ive just tried with using my Chinese Age and looking back for my other kids, it was right... If i use my Actual Age its completely wrong...

Id also say you probs ovulated January

Ive got a very strong feeling its a girl and the calendar reckons Girl :)

at my 12 week prenatal appointment my midwife told me congratulations on being in 2nd tri now. and as for the gender chart, it told me boy but im having a girl!

Trimesters are arbitrary and vary between regions and even between providers within a region. As such there is no right answer. I personally use 14 weeks because I gestate to nearly 42 weeks and 14 weeks is 1/3 of a 42 week pregnancy, whereas 13 weeks is 1/3 of a 39 week pregnancy. You can consider yourself to be in 2nd tri now if you wish, or wait. It really makes no difference at all.

As for Chinese gender charts, if ewcm is your only basis for pinpointing ovulation I don't think you'll be able to know for sure. I only get ewcm a couple days before I O whereas others might get it for a whole week before. So you could look at it as the chart will be right for you either way :haha:
It was wrong for me both times previous, both using my Chinese age and my actual age, so just chiming in with reminder not to take it as anything other than a bit of fun. As will other of wives tales for predicting gender they're right about half the time :haha:

thanks ladies:) im gonna use January as my conception date but I don't get how a couple of u are saying ur Chinese age? it says enter ur birthdate & the month u conceived then as the results it says I was 23 at conception (which I was) ? confused lOl. also I know I wasn't getting EWCM a whole week before ovulation because I don't think I would've gotten pregnant if it were that far away as I only had sex December 29th & 30th. so I guess im gonna put jan as conception date.

It it asked you your birth date it will most likely have calculated your chinese age, since its based off a lunar calendar rather than our gregarian calendar.

https://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm This one uses chinese age. I'm 30, but my Chinese age at conception was 32.

I've been predicted a boy again (hadn't checked before) but both my girls were predicted to be boys as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->