question about baby's position

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Was at hospital for a scan this morning (very long story!) and sonographer mention that baby was head down.

Does that mean he/she might come early if the head is down? I'm 29w with my first and not sure if baby will move again? Xx

No baby can move still! My baby has been head down since my 12 week scan I had to get 20 weeks repeated as baby was so far down couldn't get all measurements! Baby was just comfy down there!

I can still feel the kicks really low down too! x

Don't think so, my first was head down from very early on, its good baby is head down though! Hopefully they'll stay that way :) my little monkey was breech at 27 weeks and midwife said yesterday that he is now transverse!!:wacko:

meant to say he still came 2 weeks late but never moved from head down position!

Thanks ladies. If recent events are anything to go by, an induction is on the cards at 40+ weeks since an epidural is likely to be problematic!! Xx

most babies are head down by 32 weeks (though not always). But at least half of most women go overdue. So it's not an indication either way at all, unfortunately.

W my first i was 1-2CM dialated, 40% effaced, and engaged since 34 weeks. still went nearly 42!
and with my second nothing happened at all until labor hit. I went 2 weeks early with him.

Mine was breech up till 28w scan then it was transverse. When I went in Tuesday on my notes they marked it as head down. I'm hoping beanie stays that way :thumbup:

My oldest was like that. He even dropped very early and engaged real early...very ouch btw.. and he was late. I had to be induced

wish mine was head down!!! I have to go for ecv on Monday to turn her at 37+3 :(

No they tend to move into a head down position and it doesn't really mean anything either way.

I always thought they move head down while they still have room. If they waited until later in the pregnancy they would have trouble moving. Is that an old wives tale? :shrug:

My girl was head down till 30 weeks, flipped breech for 6 weeks now suspected head down again! Presentation scan today will confirm!

No they tend to move into a head down position and it doesn't really mean anything either way.

I always thought they move head down while they still have room. If they waited until later in the pregnancy they would have trouble moving. Is that an old wives tale? :shrug:

Actually, i dont think it is an old wives tale bc my LO is still transverse (has been the entire time), and i was mentioning to my MW that her stretches and pokes were actually getting painful. She said it's bc there is less room sideways than there is up and done (regurdless if baby is head down or breech). She said hopefully that means she is gonna go vertical soon bc she clearly is running out of space from side to side. I would assume at some point the same applies for breech to head down as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->