• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Question about bath sealant?

x_WelshGirl_x

1boy, 1girl, 1 angel baby
Reaction score
Hi ladies just wondering if anyone can help?

A black patch of damp formed on our kitchen wall, we assumed it was coming from the bath so we resealed the bath, we also put a plastic strip thing around it. When OH had a shower last night, you could see the kitchen wall wet, and it was over a wider area than where the black patch formed.
I'm not sure what more we can do? We live in a council house but would they charge for coming out!?

If you resealed and it made no difference, i would think that, that wasn't the problem. You don't want damp, if it gets worse it could rot and damage the wall, not to mention the mould problem it will cause in a couple of months.

Could there be a leak in a pipe near the wall? If it's normal wear and tear, or a fault somewhere, will the council still charge you?

Normal wear and tear they won't charge, I don't think. I think I'll email tonight so they get it first thing in morning. Although I won't hold out much hope of them actually doing anything as I know a girl who has damp rising up her wall all by her electric socket and all they said was she'll only get a little shock it's ok. After comaining loads I think they are now only doing something.

Could it be possible there's a leak under the bath causing the damp in the kitchen?

I'm not sure, I might just email the housing department and let them have a look. It's got to be coming from the bath somewhere.
Our council are doing new kitchens and bathrooms, our area is to be looked at next so hopefully we'll be getting a new bathroom anyway.

if you sealed the bath properly (ie half filled with warm water etc) ide say a pipe is leaking somewhere.

my bath leaks from the plug hole as its been sealed by a cowboy (aka my landlady) & the pug hole is way too small for the actual hole in the bath, so it leaks loads! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"