question about BBT

sn0wbunnie

Reaction score
This is my first cycle TTC, so I am new to this... How important is BBT? I've been tracking mine but noticed that my thermometer was acting funny the past few days. I had to press the button a few times to get it to turn on. Just took my temp right now: 97.7.... Then I tried to take it again & it won't turn back on. Took my temp with another thermometer & it was 98.4. I feel like my chart is going to be all messed up now! Is BBT a true indicator?

It absolutely is, if you're using one that doesn't have a dead or dying battery. Replace the battery and resume use. Once the batteries start to die and you wait to replace te batteries you run the risk of incorrect temps,

But otherwise it's a great tool alone and even better in conjunction with cervical checks and cm checks

Yes bbt is the only sure fire way to determine certain things about your cycle so you can address all questions/concerns you may have at various times in your cycle. I like to use questions from the boards as examples of how charting can help to answer so many questions. It doesn't mean you WON'T conceive if you don't chart but there are indisputable benefits to doing so and you'll save piece of mind as well as money/frustration on testing too early :thumbup:

-Ovulation related question- "I've had multiple positive opk's when did I ovulate or have I?", "I had ewcm early/late this cycle did I ovulate early?", "I bd'd on these days and my cycles is normally X amount of days do you think we have a chance?", "I had spotting/bleeding early was it early af, IB, or ovulation related?"

-Testing/luteal phase related questions- "Is it too early to test?", "AF late but bfn on test?", "Implantation bleeding or AF?", "10 dpo and no AF symptoms could I be pregnant", "When do you think I conceived?".

I'd get a new thermometer and give it a few cycles so you can get a rythym going. Charting works as well as we apply ourselves to it meaning taking it a different times and/or missing days will make it less effective so stick with it and be consistent and you may find out things about your cycle you weren't aware of (I did!). Good luck:thumbup:

I would of been lost without my BBT. I definitely think it helped me conceive as I had no idea when I ovulated :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->