Question about BBT

ARouge

mother of twin girls
Reaction score
I am new to charting (just started yesterday) so I apologize if this is a dumb question! But what I'm wondering is the difference in your temp at the end of the cycle if you are pregnant versus not pregnant.

I've taken my temp 3 times and it keeps going up. So if I'm pregnant it's going to stay high versus if I'm not pregnant it's going to go back down, correct? Does it go down on the day AF arrives or a couple of days before?

Thanks in advance!
Here is a link to my chart but there's not very much on it yet!

In general, if you are not pregnant your temperature will begin to drop a day or two before your period arrives. However, if it stays up this is not always a guarantee that you are pregnant, it's just one of many indicators that you may be.

Temping is really most useful for checking that you have ovulated. Your temperature should rise following ovulation. But other than that, there are no hard and fast rules.

I know you're impatient to know, but really it's much easier to see the patter once you've been charting for a couple of months. For example, click on my ticker below and you will see a typical chart over several months if you scroll down.

Incidentally, you haven't managed to link to your chart up there, you've just given a link to the generic page. You need to go to Sharing>Home Page Set Up and get your link from there.

Thank you so much for the info!

I figured that especially this month the chart wouldn't tell me anything but I thought it might help to go ahead and start and get into the habit of taking my temp every day.

I didn't even *really* get a good temp reading yesterday b/c I didn't take it when I first woke up, but I just wanted to practice this month really. Let me try again to link the chart.

Link to chart. Hope that works!

HI there - yes the link works now! :thumbup:

As Sue says, your temp will normally start to fall one or two days before AF, if you're not pregnant.

But if you are pregnant, it's possible (but not definite) that your temps will go even higher than normal a week or so after you've conceived - this is called Triphasic (3 phases). If you click on my chart you can see my chart was triphasic when I got pg. You can also see what happens at the end of the cycle when not preggo. (You can click under the chart to change to Farenheit if that makes more sense for you). xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->