Question about BD timing

wannabemama24

Mama to Rylan & pregnant
Reaction score
Well, techically not BDing in our case. DW and I are doing at home artificial insemination with a known donor. We use a Softcup and that's pretty much it. This is how we got pregnant with our DD.

I have a varying cycle from 30ish days to the longest of 43 days but my "average" is 34-37 days. I've been using opks since CD13 and have not gotten a positive yet.

I started getting EWCM, left sided pelvic pain at CD16 so we decided to inseminate every other day until I get a positive OPK starting that day. I hate how unpredictable my cycle is but I can't temp because of my DD not sttn consistently.

Does this seem sufficient? Should we just wait until the positive OPK? Luckily with our DD, we got a positive OPK two days after my symptoms started but no such luck this time so far. Thanks in advance!

Every other day until +OPK then do it that day, the next and the next...Then maybe every other day after that until AF or BFP. Thats what I plan on doing this month.

You said hes a known donor. Does that mean that hes a friend and hes on demand?

Every other day until +OPK then do it that day, the next and the next...Then maybe every other day after that until AF or BFP. Thats what I plan on doing this month.

You said hes a known donor. Does that mean that hes a friend and hes on demand?
Sweet! That's what I was thinking of once we get the positive. He's a friend and is for the most part available on demand so we'll try this. I'm hoping for a darn positive OPK soon. Thank you!

Im waiting on a +OPK too. Ugh such a loooong wait! I should get one in about 5-7 days though. I only have 6 OPKs left and Im worried Ill miss my surge BUT I plan on BDing every other day so even if I miss it, I SHOULD be good. Im telling you, if I find out Im Oing and I hit the right days and I dont end up with a BFP this month...Im going to lose my mind! :laugh2: This is only C3 TTC and I cant imagine what its like to have to try for a year or more like some women. I asked DH if there was a cutoff date. He said hell keep trying but I dont know if I want to for a really long time.

Aaaanyways...GL! Oh...what cycle day are you on?

Im waiting on a +OPK too. Ugh such a loooong wait! I should get one in about 5-7 days though. I only have 6 OPKs left and Im worried Ill miss my surge BUT I plan on BDing every other day so even if I miss it, I SHOULD be good. Im telling you, if I find out Im Oing and I hit the right days and I dont end up with a BFP this month...Im going to lose my mind! :laugh2: This is only C3 TTC and I cant imagine what its like to have to try for a year or more like some women. I asked DH if there was a cutoff date. He said hell keep trying but I dont know if I want to for a really long time.

Aaaanyways...GL! Oh...what cycle day are you on?
Oh wow! I know exactly what you mean. When we got pregnant the first time trying, I knew it was too good to be true. We had a m/c but it only took two cycles to conceive DD.

This is our first cycle for #2 and our donor is leaving the country most of next month, specifically when I should be ovulating so if it doesn't stick this month, it's off til December.

I'm on CD20(AF conveniently came on the 1st). I originally thought my cycles were off due to having DD but I looked back at my old period tracker with cycles being tracked since 2012 and I have always had wonky, random cycles. 29-45 days at the longest.

I should be ovulating any time this week I hope. Keeping my fingers crossed it's soon! I'd rather be in the TWW at this point. The anticipation is killing me. At least I know the last day possible to ovulate would be 11/3 or so based on my longest cycle ever. God help my sanity if my cycle is 45 days long!!

Fingers crossed you get that egg this cycle. I think your plan is well thought out and should work!

Temping might still be worth it. My DS wakes 2-3 times a night. His last wake up is usually 2 hours before my temp time. Even with that I still have seen a temp shift. My temps do tend to jump around a bit but still showed when I ovulated.

Temping might still be worth it. My DS wakes 2-3 times a night. His last wake up is usually 2 hours before my temp time. Even with that I still have seen a temp shift. My temps do tend to jump around a bit but still showed when I ovulated.
I'm seriously considering temping next cycle. I finally got my positive OPK today so we'll be inseminating tonight and tomorrow. Unfortunately our donor isn't available Thursday but fingers crossed this does the trick. Thank you for responding to my post!

Good luck.. hopefully you won't have a need to temp next cycle. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"