Question about being induced

keljt1127

Reaction score
Can you ask to be induced after you have hit 40 weeks?
or do you have to have a legit medical reason to be induced before your doctor schedules one?

I am still constantly EVERYDAY/NIGHT have troubles breathing:nope: standing/sitting/laying down on a side/ etc. and can't take it anymore!

there's no harm in asking, :hugs: hope it gets better for you. I'm sure if you explained the breathing troubles your doctor would at least consider it.

I've noticed that in the States most doctors don't have you go too far past 40 weeks. Just mention to your doctor that you are interested in getting information about being induced. The worst they can say is no! :flow:

Just depends on your doctor......as others have said, asking can't hurt. Good luck! I will be begging for one on Wed if I am still preggo 40w3d

i was induced at 39+5 with high blood pressure, but my sister asked to be induced at 41 weeks, a few days earlier than they would allow, as my brother was deploying to afgan and she wanted him to meet the baby, after lots of fuss and carry on, they eventually agreed only for her to go on her own the day before her appointment.

there are pros and cons for it, so if it's not for medical reasons, i can understand you wanting it over and done with, but induction is not the easy option, i had over 2 days of pessiary induced pains, just like bad period pains, but not labour so no pain relief, then to have waters broken, and oxitocin drip in for a further 12 hours, strong contractions, strapped to monitors with nothing happening except baby getting more and more distressed, emergency section at 12.30 in the morning, it was a bit mad. going a few more days might be worth it to get a less intrusive labour & birth and you could end up delivering at the same time anyway. i was induced on a friday and didn't have her till 3 painful and stressful days later.

I am being induced a week today (40+2) due to high bp. It would have been before, like sometime this week but they didn't have space.

I think here in the uk the just push u as far as u can go unless there is something medically wrong x

I don't know about induction, but have you got or can you get a birthing ball? I was having HUGE problems breathing, and it was bringing on panic attacks and making me dizzy all the time, very unpleasant. I found sitting on my birth ball helps loads, I guess because it makes lots of room in the pelvis for baby to be a bit lower? No other position worked for me, but the ball did/does. Some pregnancy yoga also helped a bit, afterwards my whole body felt a bit more open and spacious.

I don't really know when they decide to induce but it can't hurt to ask :flow: Even though I'm only 36 weeks, at my appointment Friday I'm going to ask when they usually induce so I have a idea... I really hope I don't have to wait long after 40 weeks if I haven't had LO by then.

I am in the UK and my doctor told me if my SPD gets worse he will induce me at 38 weeks (which as each day goes on it is getting worse to point it takes me forever to get out of a chair!), and in my opinion there is nothing medically wrong with me - it's just I'm in agony! However I am not going to be induced - I don't want to scare anyone but I have heard to many horror stories, one ending in disaster. I would suggest you try and wait it out as long as poss - as long as my baby isn't distressed I have decided I will wait to 41 weeks, if no baby by then then I will get induced. But I am going to give my body the chance to go into labour naturally.

Here in the states its really up to the docs and hospital.

My first 2 they wouldn't induce until you hit 42 weeks unless a medical reason.

With this one she said we could schedule an induction at 39 weeks since it wasn't my first as long as my body is showing signs (dilation and effacment). Apparently the hospital I am delivering at allows this starting at 39 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"