Question about CM, sorry TMI!!

Brosey

Reaction score
Be prepared for a gross question ladies :haha:

I would google these things but I know you women would help me out and give me the right answer more!

So, whats the cycle of CM? As in, before you ovulate is it runny, and does it get thicker to say your ovulating?
This is my first month TTC so I'm rather clueless, I've been temping and it's pretty regular so far. Today I was at work and I was like ahh CM was really bad but not thick.
Is thisa sign i'm gonna ovulate soon? Please, need advice! Sorry again for the gross question! :blush:

My charting software ranks CM in the following order, from least to most fertile:
- Thick, sticky, white/opaque
- Creamy, lotion like, no stretch
- Watery and slightly stretchy
- Very stretchy, like raw egg white

I go from watery to EW, then lotion after ovulation. I don't have sticky CM personally, so I don't think you have to get them all or in order. Just look out for EW!

As you are becoming fertile you should notice your CM is 'wet' and then becomes thin, slippery, clear and stretchy like raw egg white, this is the most fertile CM and a sign that you are about to ovulate.
After ovulation you might notice you have creamy CM, like lotion. I think it's usual to dry up close to AF and again after AF, but I find I get some snotty type EWCM shortly before AF.

Read taking charge of your fertility it opened up my eyes to a new world.. It has pictures and shows you how to check it along with charting and Cervical position! Sign up with my clover ticker to fertility friend and get charting girlie!! :) GL!

Not every woman is the same, so not every womans cycle of CM will be the same.

But normally you will have nothing after AF is over and then it should bounce around between sticky and creamy. Then before ovulation it will probably turn watery (Fertile cm) How long that lasts I cannot say. I usually get it about 4 days before I get Egg white CM (most fertile) and I usually get EWCM about two days before ovulation and until ovulation day.

Then after ovulation its usually sticky, non existent, then creamy just before AF shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->