Question about Cyclogest (progesterone pessaries)?

Mummy and Preggo with #2!
Reaction score
My doc has prescribed 200mg daily of Cyclogest for suspected luteal phase defect/low progesterone. My only confusion is that he said to take them continuously for 3 months, even if I am not pregnant :shrug: Won't this stop me from ovulating/keep :af: away permanently? I thought I was supposed to only take it for 2 weeks after confirmed ov then stop if no bfp.
I know I would deffo keep taking it up until 12 weeks if I was pg.

Anyone have any experience of this? I will also post in TTC and LTTTC.

I'm afraid i can't be of much help, but I had a look on line and read a little about other women who have taken it.
They said it was after ovulation.
I would call your Dr. tomorrow and ask, or ask in the pharmacy- sometimes they know more about prescriptions than the Drs that prescibe them!!

Best of luck! xx

i would defo agree with you there huns, wat people dnt realise is that its not hcg that stops u oving its progesterone this is why when we are tested for preg via bloods our progesterone levels are checked too coz not only do our hcg levels have to drop so do progesterone too so when u say u have to take them continuously id say that would prevent ov too BUT im thinking if u have low progesterone anyways maybe they wont stop ov due to it replacing the level that should actually be there b4 ovulation then when u naturally produce the small progesterone after ovulation that u do due to the defect then the supplements should/will heighten it more to help sustain pregnancy?? its the only thing i can think of as to why u need take them continuously does it make sense huns or did i baffle you :shrug: sorry i couldnt be of more help babes and yes LTTTC is prob good one to ask this in too, hope u get ur answers babes have u tried googling it, sometimes google can be ur friend :)
maybe u should call docs and ask again if not sure maybe a diff doc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->