Question about determining the sex of your babies?

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Ok so I know that the mans sperm determines the sex of your babies.
But ive herd countless people saying stuff like "oh there is loads of females (or males) in his side so it would defo be a girl"

and my partner only makes girls or boys.

is this true, does your family history ie lots of one sex have anything to do with what you will have?

does a man have more of the male or female sperm?

or are those things rubbish?

we have 3 children, 2 together.

my mum, gran and 2 sisters all had a girl then boy first.
My husbands parents had girl then boy and no more.

his gran on his dads side had 7 girls and 2 boys.

so a lot of girls on his (and mine) side.

is this relevant at all when babies sex is determined?

I have 1 daughter from a very old previous relationship and we have 2 children together. we had girl (from previous) then together girl then boy.

so for me girl girl boy
for him girl boy.

we are ttc next sept/oct time. I would love another little boy, but the most important thing is health of cource and you love your children no matter what.

I would just love another little boy to complete our family, and balance it out.

just wondered if its solely dependant on the mans sperm at time of conception or if family and more or one type of sperm is true?
no idea about these things.

I'm not too sure but the gender IS determined by whether the egg is fertilised by a male or female sperm. I'm also pretty sure I've read that men tend to have equal levels of male/female sperm so it's not always a case of men only making one kind. However, there are tons of boys on my DH's side.. so far my DH has only produced a boy, his dad only produced a boy, his dad only produced boys and his dad also only produced boys! So I can't help but wonder if there is something to do with the man!

There are lots of theories though. Some people say that it really is 50/50, some people say some women's eggs are more likely 'accept' one kind of sperm or that some women cannot 'carry' one gender. Then there are all the theories that it is to do with timing sex, the man or woman's diet etc so it's all quite confusing. There is a thread on here discussing gender swaying if you were interested in that :)

Ah right. the only thing we did differently when we conceived our boy was lots of sex every 2-3days with our daughter we had sex once in that month. lol x

I am quite interested about these things, but when I've tried to look up stuff to do with it online, it seems like there really isn't a lot information or research that's been done into it.

There is the Shettles (sp?) timing method theory that states boy and girl sperm are different.. boy sperm are faster apparently but die sooner so if you want a boy it is best to have sex when ovulation is occurring so the fast boy sperm will get to the egg first, whereas girl sperm are slower but live longer so it's best to only have sex a few days BEFORE ovulation so that by the time the egg is released, only female sperm are around to fertilise it.

I have seen so many people say that they've tried this method and it hasn't worked though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->