Question about doppler and placenta?

Dolly84

Pregnant with #2 :-)
Reaction score
Hi girls (and guys) ☺️
I'm just after a little bit of advice, I'm currently 12 weeks and for the last 2-3 weeks I've been trying to find baby's hb using my doppler to no avail! I have been there for upto an hour some nights (with a full bladder) and nothing! I get the whooshing noise (like wind blowing) and I can hear my artery noise, but my question is, if I have an anteria placenta, will this affect me hearing the baby. I don't go for my first untrasound until Monday and really wanted to find little bean before then.

Thanks for reading and fingers crossed everything goes well Monday xxx

Hi! I'm not sure about the involvement of placenta, but I also had difficulties finding hb this time (I remember having an easier time with my DS). This time, i forgot how low I actually need to look for it - I found it at 11 weeks right next to the pubic bone and ever since, I can find it within minutes, but still low there.
Hope it helps!

Update-- well I'm sure little bean was trying to cause me as much worry as possible because I have just found it, it's 2-3 inch below my belly button, sounded like faint fast galloping horses and I was so relieved I burst into tears. I listened for 10 seconds then it went, I followed and listened to it again. Absolutely over the moon. Thankyou for your reply. I only got my doppler when I was 13 weeks with ds so never actually "found" it this early before. Phew I can go to my scan on Monday feeling slightly less anxious xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->