Question about expressed milk

MrsSixx

Yummy Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have expressed 3oz this morning and hubby is feeding it to LO at the moment. My question is, if she doesn't finish it all, can I store the remaining in the fridge or is it best to throw it away?

:flower:

You are meant to throw it away, especially if you have heated it. Personally if I haven't heated it then I store it for the next day.

It may help to heat smaller amounts in the bottle and heat more if needed to avoid wasting too much, then storing the rest.

It's actually been given to her almost straight from the breast this morning, just in a bottle, purely to see how much she is taking (because of the lack of poo!). So not been heated at all and very fresh. Does this make a difference? Thanks

I'd put it in the fridge, personally. I don't think a 20 minute delay between boob & fridge will make any difference.

And don't worry about poo ... some breastfed babies go 7 days without a poo. Our LO went every single day for about 2 months, then suddenly waited 5 days a few times, now she seems to be every 2 or 3 days. As long as they don't seem to be in discomfort then you're okay. :hugs:

You can leave it at room temperature for 4 hours, so I agree with NewWife - 20 mins won't make a difference.. I have left it longer and it's been fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->