Question about faint lines on pregnancy test

A1983

Reaction score
I'm in my tww-despite telling myself to relax this month here I am convincing myself via 'symptoms' im pregnant. I really need to switch off in tww but so hard. 9dpo and 10dpo I felt so sick and was actually sick during night of 9dpo...bfn when tested so put it down to a bug. But yesterday at 10dpo I still felt sick on and off all day and had some cramping. Logic tells me you'll feel sick once hcg in system...bfn again this morning at 11dpo and sickness not really noticeable today. Probably imagining it as only there when I think about it. Blimin powerful mind messing with me. I know I still have time but it's not looking good for this month plus those 'symptoms' obviously have nothing to do with pregnancy as im not. I hate the tww!!

Last pregnancy with DD I felt sick all day of 12dpo then 13dpo tested with second morning urine and got a faint positive. My question is...in your experience of testing...can a faint line show for a couple of days-ie if I'd tested at 10/11dpo could I have seen a faint line then or is a faint line something that happens over a short time period. Hope that makes sense! With DD I saw the bfp line immediately.

I definitely think 10/11dpo could both show a faint line. HCG doubles in your system every 48-72 hours so it's definitely possible and if there was a faint line it would be darker tomorrow. 10/11dpo is still very early though especially as implantation typically occurs around 8dpo. If your non pregnant HCG was 2 then 10dpo would still only be a 4 then 8 at 12dpo.

I think i understand what you mean and I guess the answer is it differs massively because it depends on hcg levels, when you actually ovulated and also when implantation occurs (I think 11 or 12dpo is about the latest it can occur but I'm not certain). Sorry, that's not much use :flower:

But from a personal point of view, I got absolutely nothing until 15dpo with DS, and only then was it a faint line on a frer. I had no symptoms, except some twinges behind my belly button at 11dpo which went as quickly as they came, until well after BFP.

Two days after I tested, so 17 or 18dpo, I started to get cramps and I think about another fortnight later I got sore boobs!

I had a mc many years before DS and I remember feeling pregnant even before AF was due. I just knew because my bbs were agony and I was cramping so badly.

Hope you get your BFP this cycle but try not to think about it too much or you'll drive yourself crazy like I have done this cycle with my sore boobs, cm and nausea despite multiple BFNs lol! X

Ha ha so we're in the same boat Mrs! It's so hard not to slip into analysing symptoms-especially when I definitely felt very sick for 2 whole days...makes you think 'yes it worked!'... I definitely need to work out how to switch off in the tww, just so hard when you think you've done everything right that month!!

Thank you Princess, your reply was very helpful. I haven't had any faint lines this month-all bfn's and 10 dpo today so my nausea must be totally unrelated. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->