Question about Gender..

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
So im 27 weeks now and have a 4D appointment scheduled for January 9th.

I had a very detailed scan done at 18 weeks checking for a Desease my brother had...
My ultrasound tech asked if i wanted to know the gender and i said yes. She told me its a boy. I asked how sure she was.. she said she was 90 percent sure.

But now im worried that when i go to my 4D ultrasound they are going to tell me its a girl...

What are the chances this will happen??

Sonographers don't tend to give the sex out if they're not sure, and 90% is pretty confident given the resolution they're able to see at that stage.

Would it be a big problem if your LO was a girl? :)

No, i would be happy since there healthy, but its just the fact i have told EVERYONE its a boy and picked out a boys name and No girls name and all the stuff i have picked out is for a boy .. lol. Besides i always kinda wanted a boy first...

Hehe, see this is why we've told no-one the sex IRL :D

All you can go by is what you've been told. If it turns out to be incorrect, it's not something you should be embarrassed by. The sonographer was 90% sure, and that's good enough to tell people by if that's what you wanted to do :)

Before I got pregnant, I always thought I'd have boys first, but both me and OH were sure it was a girl well before the scan....don't ask me why.

Hehe, well I'm not normally superstitious or anything, but of course we did all the usual silly gender calculators online. And then we started flipping a coin for a laugh - heads for girl, tails for boy, that sort of thing - and came out with something like 20 straight "girl" answers. We tried with a number of coins and "asking" other questions didn't indicate the coins were weighted in anyway.

Wow, that sounded far too boring when written like that! Bet you wished you'd not asked now :D

oohh we are in the same boat although with twins we have had six scans so far and boy bits are apparent on both lol. I have kind of prepared myself in the small possibility they are girls though and the nursery is yellow - more as we got lots of kit from my sister who had boy/girl twins so went with yellow.

Other than that if my boys turn out to be girls - they better get used to blue hehehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->