Question about HPT'S

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by NewYearNewMe, Apr 25, 2009.

1. NewYearNewMe

NewYearNewMe Wife, mummy & pg#2 :)

Hi Ladies

Sorry to butt in but I have a quick question and you are the appropriate people to ask!

Have any of you ever got :bfn: 's on IC's but :bfp:on other brands? (If so what other brand did you use?)

I am currently on CD36 of a normal 32-34 day cycle so :witch: it late!

These are this mornings tests - OPK v's HPT! (As you can see the HPT is a certain:bfn:) But as I have never had a :bfp: before I was wondering how reliable the IC's are??

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachments/pregnancy-tests-gallery/18852d1240650153t-16dpo-big-fat-negative-pregnancy-test-no-squinting-required-feel-free-add-your-own-big-fat-negative-pregnancy-test-s-100_1631_edited.jpg

Thank you for taking you time to read :hugs:
    AND!
    Best of luck with your pregnancies..... Hope I can join you soon! :hugs:

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I got a very faint (and I mean barley there) :bfp: on a IC and then when I used a FRER I got a nice strong line (as dark as the control line) within 30 seconds of testing. Plus I was also getting a line on an OPK before I tested.

You may want to read this...

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Good luck.

3. topazicatzbet

topazicatzbet mummy to 3 boys

i only got a faint line on the ic also. it was that faint i had to ask my mum if she could see it also. i then tested with an asda test with smu and got a nice line, been testing everyday and the ic has never got dark where as my other tests are really dark now.

4. vineyard

vineyard Mom of twin girls!

The test line on the OPK has to be as dark as or darker than the control line (even if using it as an HPT).

5. carrieanne

carrieanne Well-Known Member

this is my frer this an ic the darker line on the frer is the test line but the lighter line on the ic is the test line and they were done the same day so i would say for a good :bfp: go for an frer opk looks promising so go get frer and good luck :hug::hug:

6. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

I got ultra faint lines on ic tests too - but bought a sainsbury's own the next day and it was much more reassuring! I continued testing on the ic for a few days after having the dark line on the sainsbury's one and they were still quite faint.

good luck...

7. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

i barely got a line on internet cheapie, so i bought asda brand got good line! :D
    i hardly got mark on ovulation strip!