• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Question about Labour times...

A

AppleBlossom

I know people say that your second baby tends to come quicker and be heavier. I don't mind heavier but with Grace I was only in active labour for around 3.5 hours and my birth was very quick, only about 5 minutes. So if my next baby (IF I have another lol) is it possible that my labour could be quicker still? And if so, is that something I would have to mention to a MW when I did go into labour? I went into hospital when I went into labour only to be sent home again because I wasn't dilated enough and the MW told me I wouldn't give birth till at least the next day. I was back an hour later 8cm and gave birth about 15 minutes after that.
Dunno why this was on my mind lol Just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience and what happened the second time

I wasnt fast first time as I was induced. When I went to the Birth Centre after my waters went this time, they checked me over and said I could go home if I wanted to BUT as it was my second baby and it was 6am they recommended I stayed in case I got home and needed to come back quickly and got stuck in rush hour traffic. :shrug: I didnt give birth till 9.16pm :dohh:

I've only got one but my mum gave me her experience to respond with :)

She was in labour for 24 hours with me, I was a forceps delivery- cracked her tailbone, 3rd degree tear. I was 6lbs 14oz, and born eight days after my due date.

With my sister 2 years later, she wasn't in labour long at all- went to the hospital at 6pm and had her just before 9pm! Uneventful vaginal delivery, did have an episitomy but it wasn't nearly as bad as the stitches she had with me. She was 7lbs 13oz, and born exactly one week before her due date.

i'm really hoping for a quicker birth next time...not a bigger baby tho!!

my mum was in labour with me for 4 hours, with my sister it was an hour and a half!! she was in to be induced, they sent my dad home for the night and he only just made it back in time!!

My friend has had all of her 3 girls really quickly, quicker each time, with the last one baby's head was out as she got to hospital. I think she was in labour for a total of 1/2hr!!

haha didnt happen quicker for me, my first was 24 hours and my second was 26 hours all of active labour. My third how ever was only 12 hours but i was induced and had my waters broken to get me started and my fourth Ruby was c-section so totally different lol

I was in labour with joani for 13 and half hrs (that's active labour) and a further 4 hrs when it all kicked off etc.

With Elinor I had to be induced due to medical reasons... I was only in labour (active for 3 hrs 25 mins...and a further 3 hrs when it all kicked off etc)

good question bexy! I was wondering about this too!

I had a csection the first time round though so didnt get to 'do' labour at all. Wonder if my next one will be long like your first or quicker like the second??
who knows?! :shrug:

i would definitely mention it, whether or not they take the information and prepare or just dismiss it is another thing entirely.

with lilly i was in active labour for 6hrs - the mw who took me down to the labour suite told me i wouldn't have the baby any time soon so i was shocked at how fast it all went, i went from 4cms very quickly to 9cms which was why it was so fast - then 25mins of pushing later she was born.

second baby: was 4cms when i went to the cmu and 4hrs later nothing, as soon as my waters broke i went from 4cms to birth in 2hrs, with 11mins of pushing.

if we do have anymore regardless of what the mw says - as soon as my waters break i'm going to the hospital!!

If you decide to have another hun i would mention to see what they think.

I had layla 3 days labour born at 6lb
Then i had Finnley 10 hour labour born at 8lb
Last but not least i had Oscar born after 1 hour at hospital (Sooo quick if i blinked i would of missed it lol) and he weighed 6.5lb.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Well I don't think my next one could be longer! :lol: I was in labour 49 hours total and 25 in active! And she was a tiny 6lbs 15oz baby!

my first was induced and last 8hrs
2nd was spontaneous and lasted 40 mins
3rd was induced due to previous fast labour and was 1hr 30 mins
4th was spontaneous after a failed induction and lasted 1 hour

they are called precipitate labours and if you have 1 quick labour youre more likely to have another(any labour under 1hr 30 mins is likely to be classed as precipitate)

the hospital i was under tend to induce at 39 weeks to try and control the labours but my 4th had other ideas they tried and failed to induce at 39 weeks and he came of his own accord 2 weeks late and v quickly luckily i was at the hosp waiting on a second induction

My sister in laws first was 6 hours, second was 45 minutes-ish.... Since my first was 4 hours they're all saying my next will fall out in Sainsburys :rofl:

rhys came in 2hr 40mins

and ffion came in 25 minutes

sorry if that scares you :rofl:

rhys came in 2hr 40mins

and ffion came in 25 minutes

sorry if that scares you :rofl:

No way does that scare me! I want to be in labour as little time a possible! 25 minutes sounds just about right lol

Good question Bexy I was wondering this too as I was only in established labour for 3.5 hours with Jack and he is my first

25 mins no time for pain releif.. felt like i was being ripped in half to be honest and ffion wasnt very well and she was all bruised and stuff coz she came out so fast

i prefered my labour with rhys at least i had time for gas and air!

mine was 3 hours 50 mins it all happened so fst for my first as i didn't know what was happening lol!
i went from 4 cm to 10 in less than 30 mins and she was already half way here when they checked me had no pain relief as they wouldn't give me what i wanted lol ( it was too late )

But because she came out so quickly i tore really bad inside and out it took longer to stitch me up than it did to push her out!

Hopefully my next is quicker and not in my back!!

My first I was in established labour for 27 hours, my second was deffo much quicker not even an hour and a half from first contraction to her being born, one push and she came out and her cord ruptured it was such a quick delivery, then my 3rd was about 45 minutes from beginning to end, and my fourth was less than 2 hours to get to 6cms which is pretty quick for an induction. My consultant said even without my previous history they would of induced at 38 weeks to make sure I was in hospital and not on the tube when having my baby.

With my first I was in labor 9hrs...most of that active labor as I noticed the contractions at 7am, was the the hospital by about 9am and was already 4cm then. I pushed about 5-10min and he was here. My 2nd ended up being an emergency csection so I can't say. But then my 3rd was induced, contractions started at about 11:30pm and I was 2cm, then at 2:45 I got an epi I was almost 3cm and my labor was much worse I think because of the previous csection, then at 4am I was 4cm..he was born at 5:43am. Very short active labor, thankfully I was in the hospital or I probably wouldn't have made it in time as we lived a good 30min drive and I wouldn't have gone in until I just couldn't tak it and they were close. I pushed him out with one contraction...so mine def went faster than the first time. My kids didn't follow the trend of getting heavier with each though, my first was 7lbs 15.9oz (8lbs), 2nd was 7lbs 3.2oz and 3rd was 7lbs 6.1oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"