Question about maca (from ttc)

Sophiasmom

Expecting #3!!
Reaction score
Popping in from ttc forum- did any of you use maca root while ttc? If yes, what was your experience with it? Good/bad?

I used it. They say it makes a difference but I am not sure. I added maca, coQ10 and aspirin last month. I think it's the aspirin that made the difference.

Thank you! I guess I'll stick it out and maybe add aspirin next month. Congratulations!

I've used maca...but for energy and libido.
If you're looking for something to help with making sure you ovulate, you might want to look into DIM.

Thanks! I'll have to look into it a little more. Don't know much about it.

I tried it for about 3 weeks but it gave me awful headaches.

Oh! Maybe that's why I've had headaches! I guess I'll stop taking it. darn. I've been noticing a difference in my sex drive and energy.

DH was getting headaches and he decreases the dose, you could try that.

Thanks everyone for your help! I took 2 capsules a day until O, then stopped. Gave me great energy and help my sex drive a bit. Got my BFP at 9dpo!!

can anyone suggest a dosage size of maca to take to start out with? my dh and i really want to try it but i want to make sure to take it right. also does it matter what brand we use or does any maca brand work as long as it only has the maca as the only ingredient?

This is the one I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000WP6AAM/ref=pd_aw_sim_hpc_2?refRID=0Z87883V3SMQCMJXCKJ1

I took two capsules a day until I had a temp rise confirming ovulation. I'd read mixed things about taking it during the tww and pregnancy so I didn't want to take chances. The gelatinized form is much more absorbent, and the capsules make it SO much easier to take. Believe me...the powder tastes horrible! The maca gave me great energy and I had a super strong ovulation this month. Got my bfp too :)

Thank you so much, my dh wanted me to get ones from puritan's pride but I wasn't to sure. I wanted something natural and organic before using a something like clomid. I haven't had a regular period in ages. Hopefully with the maca and the fertility monitor we will finally get a bfp.

Congrats on the pregnancy! 😃

Thank you!!

Everyone had great things to say about the navitas brand. I initially started with 3 capsules but started getting headaches, so I cut back to 2 as someone on here recommended. I really loved how I felt on it. I'll probably take it after I deliver to help balance post partum hormones.

Fx'd for you!!

Well I just got home from the doctors and she thinks I have pcos, so now time to see an obgyn. So I'm now hoping the maca helps. I already ordered it.

Also for your postpartum hormones ive been told that if you can encapsulate your placentia it helps regulate hormones and prevent postpartum blues. A dula can do it or if your not squeamish there's instructions online how to do it at home. I plan on doing it.

I hope it works for you!! I may consider the placenta thing. I know working nights worsened a lot of my issues so I will probably change jobs after this one arrives.

My best friend had horrible postpartum depression with her first baby. The second time she encapsulated the placenta and no postpartum. Her postpartum actually didn't go away from the first time till she got pregnant again.

I know I'm a bit late, but be sure to take gelatinized maca and not raw maca. It's easier to absorb, and the raw maca can contain bad bacteria due to high moisture content. Raw maca is more like a flour you're supposed to bake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"