Question about not having NT test.

Does anyone else find this overwhelming? And can't decide what to do? It's been two weeks since dr asked me and I just can't decide!

I have chosen to have the nt scan, for me purely because it can give additional information for anything that may arise at the 20 week scan, although with dd they did this at 20 weeks whereas this time they're doing it at 12 weeks.

For me, if I get high risk of downes then that's not something I'm too phased by and I wouldn't opt for the amino test as I'm not keen on invasive testing for the baby, whereas a scan and blood test (only invasive to me) aren't really here nor there for me. As others have said, it doesn't mean that the child will definitely be born with downes.

As I say, for me it's a collection of information for the drs for my baby and so, purely for me, I'd like to be able to give them as much information as possible in case something should happen.

As others have said, these aren't always fully accurate, the same as growth scans, but the chance is still there.

Did you get a leaflet from the midwife? I had a booklet given which discusses it all to help make an informed decision that is best for you, it was really good. I imagine it's online on the nhs site too xx

I've never had it done and I'm on baby number 7. Even if it came back that we were at high risk I would not have any further testing done so it would just cause unnecessary worry x

Also wanted to add at my last 12 week scan with my son the sonographer told me that there was a huge SCH and then sent me on my way without even telling me anything else or what to expect. I walked out and collapsed on the floor in tears as I had already lost 2 pregnancies.
They don't always tell you everything x

Does anyone else find this overwhelming? And can't decide what to do? It's been two weeks since dr asked me and I just can't decide!

Yes me. I can't decide what to do either. Whether the risk is high or low won't affect anything but I always like to have as much info as I can about anything. On the flip side I'm a natural born worrier and would worry whether I have it or not!

I'm soooo confused I really don't know whether to have the NT done or not,my midwife told me yesterday it would be a scan and blood test. I don't know how I would react or whether I would have further test done if they told me I was high risk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"