question about nursery decorating

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by claudia_ann, Nov 13, 2011.

1. claudia_ann

claudia_ann Mum to a great 3 yr old

hi everyone... i need some opinions from you. creative folk.. :)
    we have a beautiful white crib already and are looking to get a dresser... i don't like the look necessarily of all white for everything so i was thinking about ordering a very light wood dresser and tie it all together by changing the knobs to white and i have a mixture of shelving that is light wood and white... could this work????

2. londonbump2

londonbump2 Single mummy in London!

sounds pretty!

3. luz

luz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it. I'd get all white furniture and bring in other colors in the curtains, bedding, and other decor. But I'm kind of anal about things matching

4. MommyMoore503

MommyMoore503 Mommy of 2 girls

I have to agree 110%. I need all the furniture matching shades/colors otherwise I feel like it looks similar to the way a frat house would look..all mis-matchy :nope: I say go for the white dresser and get some super cute knobs for it. Get the knobs to match the curtains, rug, crib bedding, etc. It doesn't look borning in my head at all!! :happydance:

5. donnalou

donnalou Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of doing the same just waiting for Hubby to finish the room first!

I would like solid wood so I'm either going to buy pine and change the knobs or Hubby is going to paint it. A lots of the white furniture is expensive and it's not solid wood so I would rather get something that will grow with the baby and last.

6. Leopard

Leopard 2yrOld;3rdTriBoy

Wood with white is a lovely mix :)

7. amielh

amielh Mummy to baby boy..

8. amielh

amielh Mummy to baby boy..

9. sailorgirl1

sailorgirl1 Well-Known Member

Doing the same thing! Go for it!

10. poppytal pope

poppytal pope Well-Known Member

sounds good white is clean and fresh and you can allways add some coloour as and when you want to, have a look around for handles though they seem to vary so much in price, i have white furniture and a pine crib and thought about putting a white wash over it shabby chic style i also thoought about stencilling my babies name on the draws of chest, ok if you know what your having before hand but probably not something you will want to do after baby is here but you could still decorate it before birth , have a look in counrty magazines for gingham check for bunting seems to be the fashion now but depends on your property as well, happy decorating after all its all part of the fun!:thumbup: