question about nursery decorating

claudia_ann

Mum to a great 3 yr old
Reaction score
hi everyone... i need some opinions from you. creative folk.. :)
we have a beautiful white crib already and are looking to get a dresser... i don't like the look necessarily of all white for everything so i was thinking about ordering a very light wood dresser and tie it all together by changing the knobs to white and i have a mixture of shelving that is light wood and white... could this work????

I wouldn't do it. I'd get all white furniture and bring in other colors in the curtains, bedding, and other decor. But I'm kind of anal about things matching

I wouldn't do it. I'd get all white furniture and bring in other colors in the curtains, bedding, and other decor. But I'm kind of anal about things matching

I have to agree 110%. I need all the furniture matching shades/colors otherwise I feel like it looks similar to the way a frat house would look..all mis-matchy :nope: I say go for the white dresser and get some super cute knobs for it. Get the knobs to match the curtains, rug, crib bedding, etc. It doesn't look borning in my head at all!! :happydance:

hi everyone... i need some opinions from you. creative folk.. :)
we have a beautiful white crib already and are looking to get a dresser... i don't like the look necessarily of all white for everything so i was thinking about ordering a very light wood dresser and tie it all together by changing the knobs to white and i have a mixture of shelving that is light wood and white... could this work????

I'm thinking of doing the same just waiting for Hubby to finish the room first!

I would like solid wood so I'm either going to buy pine and change the knobs or Hubby is going to paint it. A lots of the white furniture is expensive and it's not solid wood so I would rather get something that will grow with the baby and last.

I think it would look absolutely fine. I personally like all wood but I still think the look of mixed looks beautiful..

Mamas and papas do the same set I have but in mixed wood and it looks fine

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ...ith-natural-oak-effect-trim/cbri32500/type-i/

I think it would look absolutely fine. I personally like all wood but I still think the look of mixed looks beautiful..

Mamas and papas do the same set I have but in mixed wood and it looks fine

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ...ith-natural-oak-effect-trim/cbri32500/type-i/

sounds good white is clean and fresh and you can allways add some coloour as and when you want to, have a look around for handles though they seem to vary so much in price, i have white furniture and a pine crib and thought about putting a white wash over it shabby chic style i also thoought about stencilling my babies name on the draws of chest, ok if you know what your having before hand but probably not something you will want to do after baby is here but you could still decorate it before birth , have a look in counrty magazines for gingham check for bunting seems to be the fashion now but depends on your property as well, happy decorating after all its all part of the fun!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->