Question about OPKs...please don't read and run!

opera_lady24

TTC #1 & TTA
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

After all the frustration I gave in and bought an Answer OPK. I tested this evening and got a second line that was definitely lighter than the test line (which I know to mean negative) but it was also very clear. (Oh if only that would happen on HPTs!)

Anyway, I was wondering if a second line at all, regardless of color, means that LH surge is close? I can take a picture of it to see what y'all think.

Thank you for your help!

i think the line has to be as dark or darker than the control line? you should notice a darker progression as the days go by with the lines. I started using clearblue digital because the opk's with the lines drove me crazy!!:wacko:

No, a faint line does not always indicate that you are getting closer to ovulation. Some women just have more LH (luteinizing hormone) in their system, and it is picked up by the test. That is why OPK's cannot be used like HPT's- you MUST have a line as dark or darker than the test line. Some women do report that they never get a line as dark as the test line, but often that can be solved by testing more than once a day (since you can miss the surge if you only test once).

When I used OPK's I wouldn't wait for the darkest line to BD- since I had several days of darkening lines, we would get "busy" as early as possible.

Best of luck! :flower:

Here's a pic. Just to clarify...I KNOW it's negative....also the pic makes the line look lighter than it actually is.

My question is...does it look like in a few days that line will be darker? Or at least, is there a chance that I'm about to ovulate? BBTs are on the rise as well.

opk1.jpg

Thanks again!

OPk's can be faint lines all the way up to your day of Ovulation which is a line that's the same color or darker than the control line. There's no way to look at this test and predict that your line will be darker in a few days..Thus why you're using OPk's in the first place to track down the day you're ovulating. In which the test says, you are ovulating or will be in the next 24-48 hours. If you are having trouble with the tests, then I would switch to Clear Blue.

Your BBT continues to rise, and the day that you have a significant drop is your ovulation day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->