Question about paints and such while TTC

AMB1216

Ethan's mommy
Reaction score
okay so I'm not sure how many of you know what reborn dolls are, but to put it short they are collectors dolls that look extremely realistic.
I make them and I am a bit worried now that I'm actively ttc that "reborning" these dolls will effect my chances of pregnancy.

They use a special paint called Genisis Heat Set paints which are baked onto the vinyl dolls using an oven or heat gun. My worry comes from both heating the vinyl and using the paint because you need to use mineral spirits paint thinner.

I wouldn't take the chance of reborning a baby while I was pregnant but can it effect my chances of getting pregnant?

I use a mask and gloves and always am in a well ventilated room so I make sure not to breath in any if I can help it anyways.

Any suggestions.

It all sounds like your doing as much as you can to prevent inhaling anything in so It should be fine really sorry it's not much help x

I think your doing everything you can too.
Sorry not much help either..

What kind of mask are you using? I would recommend an organic vapors respirator which you can get at home improvement stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->