Question about pregnancy dating

jessmke

Reaction score
I have an early dating scan in two days. Based on my LMP I should be 7+3 on the day of my scan. My question is, if they measure the little bean and determine that It is measuring at say 8+1 (for example), does my due date change? Do I then consider myself 8 weeks pregnant? I have heard about people measuring ahead or behind early on, but then things even out by 12 or 13 weeks, so I don't really understand if the dating scan is just measuring the baby's progression, or if it's actually giving me an accurate date of how far along I am in my pregnancy. I hope that makes sense!

I had a dating scan with my last and i was a little bit out so they changed when i would have my 12week scan and then my due date was only changed once i had the 12 week scan because they could get a more accurate pictur of what age the baby was

Hi! This is my third pregnancy. If you have a last menstral period to work with and know how long your cycles typically are that will give you the best edd. Measurements may or may not be accurate. For example I was almost two weeks late with my daughter when I finally went into labor and they wanted to induce me the day before! I knew my ovulation date since I was using opk so when they told me my edd I knew they where off and I waited to have her. This time around I do not have a last menstral period due to nursing my daughter for 22 months so they are going by measurement. I have been told three Edd and the official one makes me 10weeks 4days today but when I went in for a ultrasound today the GA measured to be 12weeks 5days and baby was extremely active... She did not change my edd this visit because baby's grow at different rates. The best way to get the most accurate date is by lmp :) I'm sorry I'm not a huge help and can only tell you based off my experience! Goodluck!! Also congratulations I wish you a happy and healthy mine months!!

Thanks for the replies ladies! I was hoping I'd measure ahead so I'd be that much closer to being out of the first tri, but now it sounds like the measurements won't actually change my due date so I'm stuck in the first tri for another 6 weeks.

I had a scan at 5, 9 and 12 weeks the dates changed by 9 days in total my 5 week scan put me at 20th Sept and my dating scan done at 12 weeks put me at 12th Sept.

I was put 5 days behind with second and 2 days ahead with third.

Sounds like it really depends on the dr and what they like to go by. I hope your symptoms subside. I ended up in hospital this time around due to dehydration nausea and diarrhea they told me I had a virus and I lost 11 lbs I'm still have all those symptoms but controlled by zofran reglan tums and diclegis. I still blame it on high prestosterone levels. Good luck at appt!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->