Question about pregnancy tests?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I am showing signs of a yeast infection, the typical itching, burning, etc. so I am going to the doctor's tomorrow morning for a swab. While there, she also plans to do a urine test for pregnancy. I will be 9/10 dpo tomorrow so my question is do you think the urine test would be positive this early or are the urine tests at the doctor's office not as sensitive as hpts at home? I know a blood test would be more accurate but the doctor's urine test is mostly to see what they can prescribe me.

It really will vary from clinic to clinic, some doctors only stock 100miu tests and some will have 20-50miu tests, there is no way of finding out beforehand really, but if you're worried that the test isn't sensitive you can do a regular test at home.

Thank you for your response. I wanted to follow up about my appointment today in case anyone else has this same question. The test at the doctors did in fact come back negative, however I took a $ store brand hpt when I got home. I was going to wait until the weekend but the negative result at the doctors office made me a bit disappointed so I had to see for myself.

Here is the result of the $ store test: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=461263

I thought I saw a very, very faint line on it so to make sure it was indeed a real line and not an EVAP, I uploaded it to the computer and tweaked it. I can see the line really good on invert. I also followed it up with a FRER since these have never been wrong for me. Here is the result of that: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=461281

If you look closely on invert and greyscale, you can see a sliver of a line (as you all probably know FRER lines are skinny to being with). I'm really hoping since I had lines on both tests that these are starts of bfps. I will update with tomorrow's results.

I see lines on both. Best of luck on your bfp.

I see a line on the dollar store one, and I see it inverted. Don't really see it on the frer though.

I see it on both. Hope they darken up for you!

I think this was an EVAP after all. I don't understand how when it came up within the alloted time limit but I've taken three of these tests ($ store brand) and all of them have lines. I tried a FRER and several IC within the last few days and they were all stark white negative. I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. I know I'm not technically out until the :witch: shows but I think I had an anovulatory cycle this month due to some weird bleeding I've had mid cycle. The doctor thinks I have BV so I guess maybe that could also be affecting my fertility a bit. I'll get my results Monday to know for sure so hopefully I can get it cleared up by the time I'm due to ovulate next month and actually release an egg this time.

BV can cause infertility. Checked it cleared up asap. When I had it, I had it for three months and no period. It wasn't until I was cured that my period returned. FRER are the devil to me when testing early. I alway see the indent of the line in hopes that it gets darker.

BV is evil! Ive suffered awful in past & only very recently after treatment its stayed away, when i had it for aaaaaaages i had no ewcm or any diff types if cm it was the same all way through, i did wonder if this had caused my Ectopic pg back in 2013 & whst took like months to get pg eventually with my son until i started using Conceive plus fertility gel/lube & then i fell pg but app it doesnt affect right inside past the vagina but i reckon it poss does!

BV can cause infertility. Checked it cleared up asap. When I had it, I had it for three months and no period. It wasn't until I was cured that my period returned. FRER are the devil to me when testing early. I alway see the indent of the line in hopes that it gets darker.

Hey Hards! What cd are you on? Im due AF any day now & nect cycle i can really start baby dancing :) X

I agree, hardd. I think I was catching the indent line in the tests I took pics of. I've had BV once before, after one of my D&Cs I had in the past. It wasn't fun and the antibiotics to treat it were nasty. To update though, my swabs came back normal, no BV. I may still try the lube you recommended Claireybell because something is making everything burn and sore down there. Sorry about the tmi :blush:

This has to be the most confusing cycle ever. My hpts are still negative. I had some bright red spotting mixed in my CM yesterday so I assumed AF was coming 3 days early. It was not enough to leave on a liner, only when wiping. Today it turned brown, again only when wiping. Still not turning into a full flow. Could this be implantation bleeding?

I agree, hardd. I think I was catching the indent line in the tests I took pics of. I've had BV once before, after one of my D&Cs I had in the past. It wasn't fun and the antibiotics to treat it were nasty. To update though, my swabs came back normal, no BV. I may still try the lube you recommended Claireybell because something is making everything burn and sore down there. Sorry about the tmi :blush:

This has to be the most confusing cycle ever. My hpts are still negative. I had some bright red spotting mixed in my CM yesterday so I assumed AF was coming 3 days early. It was not enough to leave on a liner, only when wiping. Today it turned brown, again only when wiping. Still not turning into a full flow. Could this be implantation bleeding?

Ooh it could be IB.. Do you know when you def ovulated? Impkanting us anything 6-12days or even a few more days, did the spotting go browny & then stop? If it is, could be a few more days before a bfp so fingers crossed for you hun :)))

You know what, i had bv for yrs & i never knew i had it, just thought it was the norm & then it go very bad, sever cases of painful sex, sore itchy & my drs swab came back normal - wtf??! I wasnt convinced so i went to see a secual health clinic & they swab you & check the swab there under microscope & i had BV bad! So always good to get a second opinion as i wasnt convinced it was all 'normal' down there, hope you get some answers soon x

Just to say also, the Conceive plus gel is like the Preseed i think, it def helped me get pregnant as with bv i wasnt getting any ewcm or healthy fertile mucus, but it didnt cure the bv, had to take those nasty tablets Metronidozale eurghh felt like i had morning sickness for a week :nope:

The spotting was bright red on Sunday night and by yesterday morning it had turned brown. It stopped completely today. I'm really hoping it was implantation. I believe I ovulated on Sept. 16/17 based upon positive opks and some spotting I had around that time. Hpts are still negative but if the bleeding I had was IB it would make sense that I probably wouldn't get a positive test until after AF was due, which is tomorrow. So far there is still no sign of her, no cramping or bleeding. I hope she stays away...

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that with the BV :( I remember those tablets they had me take when I had BV too. They left this horrible metallic taste in my mouth just like I had when I was pregnant. Ick!

I think I'm going to take your advice and go for a second opinion. Something has got to be causing this itching, burning, painful sex, etc and I thought a high white blood cell count meant an infection. It was actually a sexual health clinic I went to that found it the first time I had it. I'm still not convinced I don't have it now, even though my swabs came back negative for everything but I did notice on the report that it said my white blood cell count was high. :saywhat:

If I do have it, I will definitely try out that Conceive plus gel :)

The spotting was bright red on Sunday night and by yesterday morning it had turned brown. It stopped completely today. I'm really hoping it was implantation. I believe I ovulated on Sept. 16/17 based upon positive opks and some spotting I had around that time. Hpts are still negative but if the bleeding I had was IB it would make sense that I probably wouldn't get a positive test until after AF was due, which is tomorrow. So far there is still no sign of her, no cramping or bleeding. I hope she stays away...

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that with the BV :( I remember those tablets they had me take when I had BV too. They left this horrible metallic taste in my mouth just like I had when I was pregnant. Ick!

I think I'm going to take your advice and go for a second opinion. Something has got to be causing this itching, burning, painful sex, etc and I thought a high white blood cell count meant an infection. It was actually a sexual health clinic I went to that found it the first time I had it. I'm still not convinced I don't have it now, even though my swabs came back negative for everything but I did notice on the report that it said my white blood cell count was high. :saywhat:

If I do have it, I will definitely try out that Conceive plus gel :)

Ooooh hehee its all sounding very promising, i will dtslking this thread now lol so keep us posted :) i ovulated on 17th Sept & got my af yesterday at 14 dpo, sometimes implantation can be at this point do it would be couple of days yet, very excited for you at the moment hehe!

I dont think Drs office swab enough to get a good result, i bet it does come back with bv, if it does & your not keen on taking those horrid tabs, they do the same stuff in a vaginal gel which you use each night gor 7 days, i have some of that incase it comes back & its got very good reviews :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->