Question about presence of EWCM

writingislove

Reaction score
I tend to usually have 4-5 days of EWCM following a week or so of more watery CM after AF. I've tried Googling this with no luck, so maybe someone here can offer some insight. If I were to happen to conceive during one of the days prior to my EWCM when my CM isn't quite as thick, would my EWCM even show up at all for that cycle? Any idea? Or would the presence of a fertilized egg prevent the EWCM from happening?

Usually EWCM occurs just before ovulation as to prepare for sperm to assist them travelling, typically the day your EWCM stops is the day you ovulate!

Yes, that much I know. But since it's not impossible to conceive before your actual ovulation date when your EWCM stops, I'm wondering if you would get any EWCM at all if that happens?

well as you have to ovulate to get pregnant I know some ladies don't ever get EWCM but do have successful pregnancy but I think its down to the individual, as you get EWCM before ovulation occurs I would think not. the only reason people conceive 'before' ovulation is that sperm can survive upto 5 days.

I know everybody is different but my ewcm started 4-5 days before I ovulated and then stopped the day after. We conceived on our first cycle and I was fairly sure at 5dpo that we were indeed pregnant because I had a tonne of ewcm xx

Yes, that much I know. But since it's not impossible to conceive before your actual ovulation date when your EWCM stops, I'm wondering if you would get any EWCM at all if that happens?
Sorry, I think you might be a bit confused on this issue. You can't conceive before your ovulation date. You can have sex a few days before ovulation and still get pregnant as the sperm live for a few days inside you, but you still don't conceive until after you have ovulated. Sperm must meet egg, which is released the day you ovulate. This therefore cannot have an effect on your cm, egg white or not, before ovulation takes place.

Sorry, I think you might be a bit confused on this issue. You can't conceive before your ovulation date. You can have sex a few days before ovulation and still get pregnant as the sperm live for a few days inside you, but you still don't conceive until after you have ovulated. Sperm must meet egg, which is released the day you ovulate. This therefore cannot have an effect on your cm, egg white or not, before ovulation takes place.

Thank you--your answer does help, and I think I was just explaining it strangely. Appreciate the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->