Question about recovery from childbirth (possibly TMI)

Tiffa130

first time mom
Reaction score
Is it normal to get a bruised feeling down there 10 days after giving birth?

Immediatly after having my LO I had mild discomfort & bleeding which went away pretty quick (bleeding is minimal now)

Then over the past 2 days I've developed a constant bruised feeling & started using ice packs again to ease the pain.

I tore during childbirth & had 3 stitches but up until now didn't really hurt. Now the whole area hurts (including clit area).

Is this normal? Or is it possibly an infection?
It doesn't look imflammed or anything it just really hurts.

Did you have an epidural? I found everything started hurting about a week after the birth when it had properly worn off x

Most likely if you're generally feeling fine, and there isnt a smell coming from the area, then i'm sure its normal, and your body is just healing itself.
x

If you're really worried then give your midwife a call.

Maybe your body was still a bit numb afterwards and is now starting to ache as it heals? Xx

I found that arnica helped heal up my bruising more quickly. It's normal to feel uncomfortable for a while after especially after stitches etc. Is your midwife still coming in as you could ask her to have a look? xx

I felt pretty bruised for about 10days-2weeks after. Had no pain meds or stitches and just one very minor tear.

I felt bruised for quite a while after - I had an episiotomy and loads of stitches. Arnica really helped, as did taking regular paracetamol. My MW told me off for not taking it every 4 hours. I started to and then it really did help. Hope you feel better soon x

I felt pain for a week or 2, then after the stinging (I had a zillion stitches and a very large graze), I felt bruised for a while. Totally normal!

make sure to take your pain meds every 4 hours! I noticed the bruised feeling swore i was infected because everything hurt, but i started with my pain meds again and it did really help

Oh, I've only been taking painkillers once a day because I was feeling fine.

Maybe I'll start taking them more often. Thanks :)

Yep, Mine was the same I think I must have quite a graze on my clitoris coz it killed for ages!..But if your worried ask midwife to have a quick look xx

Its probably Nothing I mean your body just went through Trama. so bruses can show up. With Jaymee I had nothing until a week later and I had a HUGE bruse that you could see. So do worry too much

I felt bruised for about 8weeks, its normal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"