Question about SMEP

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I'm trying the SMEP method this month. It says to have sex every other day starting from CD8, and when you get a positive OPK, to have sex every day for 3 days, then skip a day and have one last try the next. I'm now on CD11 and so far, we've stuck to the plan. However, if we continue doing SMEP, we have sex tomorrow night but I think I'm going to ovulate on Thursday which would be a no sex night - but as SMEP says you should BD for 3 consecutive days from a positive OPK, I'm wondering if I should give tomorrow a miss and then just try Thursday, Friday and Saturday to stop us from having sex on 4 consecutive nights?

I know the more sex the better the chances but I don't think this is the case with me. For the last 3 months, we've been having sex alot, almost every night for a week around ovulation but it hasn't worked. When I fell pregnant before my miscarriage, we had had sex 1 day before ovulation and then 4 days following. Sorry for TMI, but my husband releases a lot less :spermy: if we do it every day, but if we do it every other day, I notice there is a lot.

So do you think I should stick with SMEP, even if it means we have to BD 4 nights on the trot rather than 3, or skip tomorrow night and go for it on Thursday, Friday and Saturday?

Hi

We're bd'ing every other night I'm not sure when I'm going to OV so hopefully every other night I should I either hit two days before OV and OV date or day before OV and day after.

I'm going to keep an eye out for EWCM and may throw a few more :sex: sessions in for luck.

xx :dust:

im not sure, but just wanted to say good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"