• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Question about spotting/bleeding

Future Mama

New mommy
Reaction score
I am 7 weeks pregnant today. 17 days ago I started spotting brown/pink which turned red and a little heavier within a few days. I am still bleeding and have had 2 ultrasounds in the past 2 weeks. At 5 weeks we saw a yolk sac and at 6 wks we saw a heartbeat. The midwife said they couldn't see any reason for the bleeding on the ultrasound though. I am getting concerned because the bleeding is getting heavier (although I would still consider it to be light like the first day of my period). I have another appt in a week for another ultrasound. Has anyone else had this happen? And did you end up losing the baby, or go on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I think I responded to another thread you posted, but I am now 14w (Yay Made it to 2nd!!) and have had bleeding and spotting for 10 weeks now. It is much much lighter now than it was - I would just class it as very light spotting at this point. It was worst for me between 7-10 weeks. It turns out I have a polyp in my birth canal and I have a small/medium subchorionic hematoma which were both causing bleeding. They didn't catch the hematoma until my 9w scan though (I had a scan at 7w and another at 9w due to the bleeding). Hope everything is well with you and that they find out what is causing it. I found the not knowing so stressful and relaxed much more once I knew what was actually causing it. Hugs to you :hugs:

I have not had this happen but this sounds like a subchorionic hematoma to me (considering the baby is doing fine). Did the midwife check for one on the ultrasound?

I think I responded to another thread you posted, but I am now 14w (Yay Made it to 2nd!!) and have had bleeding and spotting for 10 weeks now. It is much much lighter now than it was - I would just class it as very light spotting at this point. It was worst for me between 7-10 weeks. It turns out I have a polyp in my birth canal and I have a small/medium subchorionic hematoma which were both causing bleeding. They didn't catch the hematoma until my 9w scan though (I had a scan at 7w and another at 9w due to the bleeding). Hope everything is well with you and that they find out what is causing it. I found the not knowing so stressful and relaxed much more once I knew what was actually causing it. Hugs to you :hugs:

Thanks for your response. That's wonderful that you are now 14 wks!! I wish they would figure out what's causing it because right now I just feel like I'm headed towards a miscarriage:(

I have not had this happen but this sounds like a subchorionic hematoma to me (considering the baby is doing fine). Did the midwife check for one on the ultrasound?

I will ask when I go in Monday but she didn't see anything on the ultrasound the last 2 times I went in.

The good news is that everything is still ok with LO. Some women have unexplained bleeding and spotting in pregnancy (my friend always got some when she exerted herself) so it's a good sign that your scans are all looking good. Will be thinking of you at your next scan! Hugs :hugs:

I ended up going to the dr today because the bleeding got worse last night and they confirmed that the baby no longer has a heartbeat. I've had 2 miscarriages in the past but never one after seeing a heartbeat. I'm heart broken :(

Oh no - I'm so so sorry for your loss Future Mama :(

Not me personally but someone I am close with had bleeding throughout most of her pregnancy. She always came to me in tears and so scared. Now her baby is 5! :) this does happen sometimes. I hope the bleeding stops already for your peace of mind, but I'm sure you're just one of those not so lucky people who just bleed from the hormones like my friend did.

So sorry for your loss future mama. I know how you're feeling :hugs2:

It may not have stuck this time, but next time it will. So have faith and I'm sure we'll see you on these boards again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"