Question about temping

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Peach Blossom, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Peach Blossom

Peach Blossom Mummy to Lili

I've been temping since August last year. I just bought a regular digital thermometer from Boots and seems to have worked ok, but I just read somewhere that you should use a special bbt thermometer... Do I? If so why?

2. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

The first thermometer I had wasn't a BBT one, it was digital but only one that gives you one number after the decimal point (i.e. 36.5) and that detected my ovulation. I'm using a proper bbt one now which gives you temps like 36.56, etc, and that works just as well so I think it's fine, as long as you use the same one each day of the month x

3. Mrs_N

Mrs_N New mummy

a bbt thermometer is better as it gives you a more accurate reading (2 decimal places) and so you can detect smaller variation sin your temp.
    they aren't expensive either, plenty on ebay for a couple of quid. i got mine from baby mad and it works just fine :)

4. Mrs G

Mrs G Lily and Tommy's mummy

As long as it has 2 dec places that's all that matters. I got one from Boots.