Question about uterus size?

pinkmac85

Mom & pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I was at my midwife appt today and she said my uterus measures 19 cm. She said usually your uterus measures to how far along you are, so I should be about 17 cm..she said nothing to be to concerned about..does anyone else have a bigger uterus? Is it ok??

It is ok! You're only a few centimetres out anyway, so as the midwife said, nothing to be worried about, you may well be back measuring at exactly the right measurements next time you see your midwife. I was measuring 19cms at 15wks, found when I had my scan that I had a fibroid on my uterus making me measure big and they still say it's nothing to worry about! You have a scan in a few weeks so they will be able to tell you exactly what's going on in there, remember your body grows at the right rate for YOU, so no two woman will measure the same at any one time. Enjoy your pregnancy!

I measure bigger, but I'm also 6'2" so my uterus would measure bigger no matter what because I'm a bigger girl then most

my midwife said she dosent like 2 measure untill 24weeks as its more accurate then x

a few centimeters either way shouldnt be too concerning and if they were concerned they'd sent you for a growth scan, i was slightly smaller with Lilly and around week 33 they sent me for a growth scan and everything was fine. Just depends on how you're carrying baby

Depends if your bladder is full as well babe:hugs:

A few centimeters either way is perfectly normal hun :) .
My midwife allso will not measure untill 20 odd weeks , Because it isnt accurate until then . xx .

a few cm doesnt really matter hun, at my 24 week app i was only measuring 20cm and my mw wasnt concerned at all and i had another checkup yest at 27 weeks i was measuring 25cm so its out again!! so not to worry hun x

A few centimeters either way is perfectly normal hun :) .
My midwife allso will not measure untill 20 odd weeks , Because it isnt accurate until then . xx .

Oh yeah....I didn't notice you were only 17wks. If you look in your notes, the graph only starts at about 24wks coz it's highly innaccurate before that anyway:dohh:....silly midwife:blush:

I have not been measured yet but there is not much to measure really. Maybe she will do it next week when I go. I am sure its fine xx

I haven't been measured yet but know I'm bigger than last time. I think each pregnancy is so different.

I'm measuring constistantly 2cm larger, and have since 20 weeks, but my Dr. said it's nothing to worry about. 2cm either way is pretty normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->