Question about Vday?!

SnowWhite90

Reaction score
Cant wait to hit Vday, its such a milestone on here!

Im just wondering, does anyone know the survival rate of a baby born at 24weeks gestation?! Id imagine the baby would be in intensive care for a long time, have to have injections to strengthen the lungs etc?!

Does anyone know any women who have delivered this early and who now have a happy healthy baby?!

I have found this article that might answer the question. I have only skimmed through it myself cause I am too scared to know more :/ https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7340288.stm

I dont know anyone with 24 week babies but a girl at work had her baby at 27 weeks and he is a happy and healthy 2year old!! I think it was tough at the start as mum was very sick and then obviously he was ill also but he is perfect now :)

''Between 23 and 26 weeks gestation every day your baby stays in the womb it has an extra 3 percent chance of survival. By 26 weeks the odds go up to 80-90 percent''

and doctors MUST treat baby from 24 wks if in an accident, born too early, etc...

best wishes

What I've read is that 24 weeks is considered the limit of viability because that's when over 50% of babies survive. So the odds still aren't fantastic, but they are in baby's favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->