Question about water birth

Squeeker

Proud Mom of 1!
Reaction score
OK, so I'm curious to know this about water births:

How warm is the water?

If you have one of those inflatable pools, how is the water kept warm? Is there a heater?

Do you worry about the weight of the pool on the floor of your house? That's a lot of weight...

I've been wondering about this ever since I first read about home water births!!

Been looking in to water births myself... not sure if this will be of any help :)

https://www.borninwater.co.uk/q-and-a-on-water-birth

OK, so I'm curious to know this about water births:

How warm is the water?

If you have one of those inflatable pools, how is the water kept warm? Is there a heater?

Do you worry about the weight of the pool on the floor of your house? That's a lot of weight...

I've been wondering about this ever since I first read about home water births!!

I totally had had these questions when I first stared looking into a water birth

1) You need to keep the water around 37C (98F) This is done by filling it up with a hose and a connector that comes straight out of your tap.

2) You can't have a heater with the inflatable pool but they do retain water quite well. When you're not using the pool you can use a cover over top to keep the heat in. And while you're in the pool and you need it to be warmer just take a few buckets of water out and refill with warm water from the tap again.

3) I live in a first floor flat and was worried about this at first but read that unless you live in a really old flat (over 100 years old I think it was) the construction of your building is fine to hold the weight.

Well, thanks very much! That's kind of what I thought, but I just had to ask!

Okay I have a dumb question, how did you drain the pool? haha.

When i bought my pool it come with a submersable (sp?) pump so you just hooked i up to the hose and it drained it all..you could do it the old fashioned way and just use a bucket though?
x

Ours comes with a submersible pump as well. But we're borrowing it from a lady who said her DH thought it was easier and faster just to use buckets.

Very interesting. I have thought about a water birth but using my bathtub. But the only problem is my bathroom is kind of small. I guess I will see when the time comes. I am leaning towards at home birth as long as I am not at any health risks. Even if I go into a hospital I am doing a natural birth with no epidural.

I once had an inflatable hot tub with air and a heater, it was awesome but only used it once, shame we sold it as something like that would be IDEAL

Imagine the air blast on your lower back when having contractions and you can set the temperature to whatever suits

Think they cost around 500 off ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"