Question for any plus size mommys???

MommyCandice

Mommy of 3
Reaction score
How early were you all able to pick up babies heartbeat on the doppler???
This is my 3rd baby and im a bigger girl. I know some people can pick up babies heartbeat as early as in the 8th week b7t I have yet to find 8t and I am aomost 10.5 weeks. Thanks

My BMI is 33, and I got it once at 10+1, then at 10+5, then started being able to find it no problem at about 11+5. It's not only your weight that makes a difference - the baby's position, the quality of your doppler, whether you are looking in the right spot, whether you have enough gel etc can all make a huge difference. Don't stress, a lot of home dopplers are officially for 14-16 weeks plus because a lot of people can't find it earlier. In the UK even the midwife doesn't try til 16 weeks so as not to cause undue stress.

Oh ok I just wasnt sure. When I got it with my daughter I was already 25 weeks pregnant so I was able to put it anywhere and just find it so just wasnt sure

When i went in for my first OB apt at 9 weeks they were able to find her pretty quickly and every visit since...except the last visit i had... they found her after a few minutes, but thats because she doesnt like being jabbed at and will move as soon as they put pressure on my belly....we have a good laugh because she doesnt like to co-operate with ultrasounds either..and has taken to kicking/jabbing me in the ribs now...:dohh: I have a stethoscope that ive been meaning to try to see if i can find her on my own....one of these nights ill have to try that..you know, *before* she gets here... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"