Question for anyone who took the 3 hour GTT...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Braven05, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

I took my 3 hour this morning and it was fine...I was hungry and bored sitting there in the lab waiting to be poked over and over again...after I left, about 20 mins later (after stopping to pick up some lunch) I was all of a sudden very very shaky...and it didn't stop until I got some protein in me. Does this sound like a normal reaction? Reading into it, it almost sounds like the opposite of a diabetic reaction. I'm waiting on my results still...hoping I passed and was just wondering if anyone got slightly lightheaded and shaky, almost like a crash after all the sugar. :shrug:

2. Experiment13

Experiment13 Well-Known Member

Had the same reaction - DH and I went for lunch after it was all done and I started to feel like I am going to faint: shaky, head spinning, etc. It went away as soon as food hit my stomach.

My 3 hour test was negative.

3. we can't wait

we can't wait Mom of 4

I think that's a fairly normal reaction. For me, I ended up vomiting towards the end of the test. It made me very sick & lightheaded. & then afterwards, I got a bladder infection from trying to process all of that sugary-syrup. So instead of having me go back in for another test (I threw up before it was complete :sick:) I had to monitor my blood sugars for a few days-- and, as it turns out, I don't have diabetes.
    I think that a lot of people have differing reactions to the test. But it could go either way! Your light-headedness could be from anything-- could just be from not eating for a while. I hope that everything comes back normal levels for you! FX'ed! :flow:

4. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Nevermind, I passed!!! Woohooooo. The nurse on the phone said, go have a big ice cream sundae lol

5. Pixles

Pixles Well-Known Member

=) same here. i dont have GD =) good luck with your tests!