Question for anyone with the Mamas & Papas Sola pushchair

freckleonear

Crunchy mummy
Reaction score
It seems a bit daft to be buying a pushchair now that DD is 20 months, but trying to get anywhere in a hurry is impossible and it would be nice to have somewhere safe to put her when we're in town. I've been looking at the Sola but hubby doesn't like it, so I've got a few questions for anyone who owns it.

Is it easy to bump up and down stairs? We live in a first floor maisonette so there is a flight of stairs up to our front door. Hubby thinks the back wheels are too small for it to be bumped up easily.

Are the front wheels flimsy? We do a lot of walking but the pushchair would be mainly for me to use around town. Still, it would get quite heavy use and hubby thinks the plastic just above the wheels is too weak.

Any other positives or negatives about the pushchair would be appreciated please. If I'm going to buy it then I don't want to have to turn around in a few months and tell hubby that he was right all along. :haha:

It seems a bit daft to be buying a pushchair now that DD is 20 months, but trying to get anywhere in a hurry is impossible and it would be nice to have somewhere safe to put her when we're in town. I've been looking at the Sola but hubby doesn't like it, so I've got a few questions for anyone who owns it.

Is it easy to bump up and down stairs? We live in a first floor maisonette so there is a flight of stairs up to our front door. Hubby thinks the back wheels are too small for it to be bumped up easily.

Are the front wheels flimsy? We do a lot of walking but the pushchair would be mainly for me to use around town. Still, it would get quite heavy use and hubby thinks the plastic just above the wheels is too weak.

Any other positives or negatives about the pushchair would be appreciated please. If I'm going to buy it then I don't want to have to turn around in a few months and tell hubby that he was right all along. :haha:

I have this and i love it. Where my parents live there are some steps up to their door and i manage fine going backwards up them. I dont think it is particularly flimsy? I have been using it for 3 months and dont have a problem. The only thing i will say is if you have a lot of stairs it wont be as easy to handle as some of those little £50 toddler pushchairs. When i first started using it i would collapse it and take it into my parents house, but that way is quite cumbersome and in the end i learnt to master the steps! I was a novice though. I love the design, its easy to manouvre, its comfy and it rear faces which was important to me. Can you not test drive it in a shop? :flower:

Thanks! We did go to see it in a shop today but hubby was so busy criticising it that I didn't get to test drive it in the end. Might go back next week without him! :lol: I definite want something rear facing which is why I'm not just getting a cheap stroller.

I would definately try it first. I have a mamas and papas zoom (same pram only 3 wheels)
For a toddler you might find a lightweight stroller better. The seat is quite narrow so lo is always sat on the straps. It also doesn't fold very small (takes up entire boot of my car)

Having said that I do like it, it's not heavy and the 4 wheel variety would prob go up and down stairs ok, it's easy to push and suits us at the mo. But I do think lo will outgrow the seat before she is walking so we will have to change it.

We have the sola and 3 months in It's still doing very well. I haven't had any problems with it at all so far, its really easy to manouvre and nice and snuggly for LO. I really like that you can have it front and rear facing and its really easy to switch between the two. I haven't had a problem with the small wheels at the front but haven't needed to tackle stairs with it so far so can't comment on that.

The only thing is that I find it quite heavy lifting in and out of the car and it takes up a lot of boot space so I am kind of looking forward to when LO is big enough for a little stroller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->