Question for cat owners

Going to get one as have a very affectionate & curious cat, so better safe than sorry x

well i have 2 cats, and they are nosy but they go into cat houses(cages) at night time, and I don't plan on leaving baby alone in her crib I want to at least be in the room with her. I never even heard of a cat net before..

if i still had misty (my cat before we had to give her up) i would of got one

Thanks everyone for your help - think I'll go and have a look at them in real life may well be worth having one in case!

i had leaked a little colostrum and we realised it must have been the smell of that, that was sending her weird

But this was because you were leaking it, right?
If you drink a glass of milk, I bet your cat doesn't then come and try and lick your mouth...
I think the concept of having a cat net because we might not want the cat to curl up with the baby is understandable, but the idea that they would be attracted to the baby because the baby drinks milk is madness. Our babies aren't exactly going to be lying there in pools of milk! :haha: I doubt they'd even smell of milk tbh (whereas us leaking mummies will)

i had leaked a little colostrum and we realised it must have been the smell of that, that was sending her weird

But this was because you were leaking it, right?
If you drink a glass of milk, I bet your cat doesn't then come and try and lick your mouth...
I think the concept of having a cat net because we might not want the cat to curl up with the baby is understandable, but the idea that they would be attracted to the baby because the baby drinks milk is madness. Our babies aren't exactly going to be lying there in pools of milk! :haha: I doubt they'd even smell of milk tbh (whereas us leaking mummies will)

actually if i am eating cereal with milk she does try and get up in my face and if i let her she would lick my mouth if i am eating cereal she is put in another room (she is a very strange cat she also trys to get in the sink when i am washing the pots, and i thought cats didnt like water!)

Nope - cat doesn't come upstairs anyway so that's nighttime sorted and she's missing a back leg so can't jump high enough to get into a moses basket anyway (half the time the lazy moo demands lifting up onto the sofa!)

Never had cat nets when either myself or my younger brother were babies either and we made it to adulthood unscathed.

We have two cats and have never used cat nets although my mother did buy some for us. 1, they look awful. 2, cats get locked downstairs overnight 3, otherwise baby is always supervised by us

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"