question for ladies preg after m/c

Belle30

Mummy to a baby boy
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope you don't mind me posting here, but I'm driving myself nuts!
I got my bfp a few days ago and am just 4 weeks today. So I don't feel like I belong here yet!

I had a very early m/c at 5 weeks in February, and am constantly comparing my symptoms this time with last time - daft I know, but I can't help it, I'm so terrified it will happen again.

Anyway, last time my symptoms were really strong - lots of cramping, pulling and stretching, funny ache in my lower back, shooting pains in my boobs, montgomery's tubercles, extreme tiredness....

This time, I just feel tired. I have a sort of tight feeling in my lower tummy, but nothing like last time. I get the occasional ache or pain in one boob or other but it goes as soon as it's started, and they don't hurt to touch at all, not even if I press. They were more sore a couple of days ago, and I had some lower back ache, but it's gone now. So I'm scared it will end up a chemical.

If you have had an early m/c (or more than one), were your symptoms the same when you got your bfp the second (or later...) time round? Did anyone have symptoms just around the time of their bfp, and then they disappeared, but all was ok?

Thank you! Hope you're all enjoying your time in 1st tri

xx

Hi Belle

Congratulations on your :bfp:

I mc at 5w4d in February and I'm now almost at the 10 week mark :happydance:

I didn't really have any symptoms this time round except a few stretchy pully feelings just before af was due. I was convinced I wasn't pg but I got a :bfp: at 11dpo. My symptoms really kicked in at 6 weeks this time :)

Try and relax and not to worry too much (impossible I know!) - I booked myself in for a private early scan at 7w5d just to reassure myself and baby was there with heart beating away :)

Fingers x'd things go ok for you this time :dust: :dust:

I have had 3 m/c's and with each one i had really bad morning sickness and horrible tummy aches but this time round i didn't have any sickness at all and hardly any pains or aches. I think every pregnancy is different and it is totally normal to feel very conscious of every little thing after going through a misscarriage try not to worry i know its easier said then done. Sticky bean fairy dust to you i really hope this time round everything goes perfectly for you :dust: If you ever need to chat feel free to PM me :)

Thank you so much, and congratulations on your scan result and forthcoming milestone! I'm trying not to worry but it's soooo hard, especially when I feel so different this time round. I keep trying to tell myself that that is a good thing, and feel ok for 5 minutes, then start worrying again!

Just to say i hope no-one is cross or upset about me posting here - I don't want to upset anyone with my doom and gloom and m/c stories - but I felt I couldn't really go in the m/c section and talk about my bfp either...

All the best of luck xxx

Hi Belle

I am exactly the same, just tested :bfp: around 4 week mark. Last pg ended 12 + 4 and I'm terrified I'm going to have the same thing again.

We can keep a check on each other and see how were getting along if you like, we must be due around the same time ??

xx

This time I haven't had anywhere near the same symptoms as when I had my mc earlier this year. I still panic though, everytime I wake up and boobs are sore, I think the worst...I suppose that's to be expected though

Congratulations and good luck

Amy xx

i there i had a missed m/c i thought i was having a lovely little one started showing ETC .. but when i went for my dateing scan at 13 weeks i found out that the baby had died . i was really sooo sad ...

me and my partner got caught the first month of trying after my body went back to normal (periods ETC) ...

i got my :bfp: on the 03/03/09 and i was soo happy .. and also soo terified incase it happend again .. at around 7 weeks i had a scan cus i was bugging and bugging my midwife and i say my lil one growing nicley .. i was sooo happy and relived ... i was suposed to be going for my dating scan last tuesday but all the appointments had been messed up ..i got to see my baby tho .. doing summer saults and stickin its arms and legs out .. i was soo happy they couldnt take any mesurments ETC as they was so busy so im going back next thursday .. i soo cnt wait ...

i no its hard to try and not worry but really its not good for you are you lil baby .. im sure everything will be just brilliant this time and if you are really concerned speak to your midwife as she may be under standing like mine is and book you in for a early scan .. im sure every thing is fine try not to worry ... xx

:hugs:

Hi Hun,

I undertstand how worried you must be! I'm in a similair situation after 1 previous very early m/c. I'm 12 weeks next week so am getting ready to let out a big sigh of relief...I've got my fingers crossed you're exactly the same a few weeks down the line.

The ladys that have replied to your post and said every pregnancy is different are soooo right but if it helps at all the symptoms you are describing sound just like normal pregnancy symptoms the same as I has early on this time round.

Good luck to you and your bean! Keep as positive as you can xxxxxxxx

i am exactly the same, i had an early m/c at 6 weeks last time and i do feel like i have less symptoms this time, it worries me too but im trying not to worry xx

Hi hun,

Firstly congrats :)

I had a mmc in february and was so ill with that pregnancy you name it i had it for the 3 months i was pregnant i was ill.
Then i had my scan and found out there was no baby and had to have a d&c.
I fell pregnant again straight away no AF inbetween and this time i have no symptoms at all nothing i feel fab!! and so far all is well am having scans every 2 weeks to check on everything,its very strange though as last time i did have every pregnancy symptom going but maybe that was my bodies way of saying something was wrong who knows??

Have you been to your docs yet that way you can request an early scan and get kept an eye on a bit closer??

Huge congrats on your BFP! I had a early miscarriage in May 2005 & it took us 2yrs to concieve again. I was the same, soooo scared to lose our little bean. It took us so long but i had a good feeling from the day i took the test that it would be successful.. which it was has we have a gorgeous little girl.

My symptoms with the miscarriage were sore boobs, tiredness, cramping pains... all of which was the first ever time i had experienced any sort of symptom/pain around time AF was due.

I had sore boobs & every pregnancy symptom going every month since the m/c.

Then May 2007 i was feeling very emotional, headaches, tired, cramps, sore boobs, hightened sense of smell & then a pos test!
My symptoms did tail off around 7wks.. apart from the sickness.

This babba.. i have had no symptoms at all!

Hope this helps
xxxx

I have had 3 miscarriages and feel the same! I look at everything thinking it means its happening again!!!
Try not to worry, I no its hard as im worrying alot lol, but chances are as long as theres no pain, bleeding etc you will be fine :)
Being tired is a good sign!! I have only had tiredness, but thats enough! xx

Just to say i hope no-one is cross or upset about me posting here - I don't want to upset anyone with my doom and gloom and m/c stories - but I felt I couldn't really go in the m/c section and talk about my bfp either...

All the best of luck xxx

:hugs: I know how you feel... it's hard not knowing where to post. But there's alot of people on here that have been through the same thing, and have simular anxieties.

I wish you all the luck in the world for a happy and healthy 8 months. I believe there's a thread in pregnancy buddies for preg after miscarriage... if not def start one and i'll be one of the first to join you! xx

Thanks so much girls for your replies and reassurance. And of course BIG Congratulations on your BFPs and pregnancies, whatever stage you're at!

DH keeps telling me it will all be ok - I'm trying to believe it, but it's sooo hard. I got my BFP at 10dpo and it was a scarily strong line. Tested again 12 dpo in the evening and it was a bit stronger. Tested again this morning (14dpo) with FMU and it was about the same strength - which has worried me a bit cos I keep thinking it should be getting darker. I know - I need to stop testing!! Had sore boobs 2 days ago but they seem to have stopped hurting now, and I'm not so tired now either, and not quite so hungry. But today I've developed wind and bloating - lovely!

Keep trying to tell myself that maybe it's possible to just get symptoms around the time of implantation, and then they settle...

I guess only time will tell....

Good luck to all xxx

I had a Mc in june last year at around 8/9weeks i had loads of pregnancy symptons, But this time i just wanted to sleep alot and thought nothing about being pregnant i even had a slight bleed before i tested but everything has been good this time.

Congrats on your BFP :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->