Question for ladies taking 75mg Aspirin

crysttal

MOM
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I wondered if any of you could give me some advise?I am currently 27+1 weeks pregnant and taking 75mg of aspirin a day. I have had 3 early miscarriages, fell pregnant just a few weeks before my recurrent miscarriage testing, but still kept the appointment and was prescribed aspirin even though my tests came back normal. I have since been discharged from the recurrent miscarriage clinic but i was not told when to stop taking it. I spoke to my midwife about this but she was very casual in her response saying I can stop anytime. I am scared of stopping too soon as I feel this is what has gotten us this far
I would appreciate it if anybody has any experience on this. All the research ive done says 34 or 36 weeks.
Thanks

Hi do you have an OB you can speak to as that would be your best bet

I take aspirin 75mg but I am on this for life so no stopping for me

Sorry I can't give any advise but maybe contact the hospital x

Yes I do, however my next appointment isn't until 32 weeks and I have no idea how or who to contact as im never seen by the same doctor.I might just call the hospital switchboard and endure being transferred around until I get to speak with someone or book an earlier appointment.

I was told not to stop the aspirin at all. I have FVL though. I will be stopping the Lovenox 24 hours before delivery (or at the first sign of labor). (We have 81mg here, but the same thing.)

I've been advised to stop aspirin between 32-34 weeks (my son arrived at 34 weeks). Was told not to take it the whole way through as it can increase your chances of losing too much blood during delivery x

I was told to stop taking it at 36 weeks.

I've not been told to stop? I've been taking it since 12 weeks and I'm now 40+4 but haven't seen my mw since 38 weeks! I'm a bit worried now as I'm on iron tablets too and was told I may bleed heavily due to low iron levels; does asprin make you bleed too???

It doesn't necessarily make you bleed, but it helps to thin the blood. I'm on it because I had problems with my placenta in my last pregnancy and the blood flow through the cord was compromised. I was prescribed aspirin as it should help to thin the blood, making it easier to flow through the cord x

Thanks for all your response, I have contacted my OB and she said I should keep taking it till my next appointment at 32 weeks when it will be reviewed. It appears when to stop depends on individual circumstances.

I've not been told to stop? I've been taking it since 12 weeks and I'm now 40+4 but haven't seen my mw since 38 weeks! I'm a bit worried now as I'm on iron tablets too and was told I may bleed heavily due to low iron levels; does asprin make you bleed too???

Aspirin shouldn't make you bleed. What it does is thins the blood thereby delaying or preventing blood clotting which could lead to a haemorrhage during labour or major surgery.

My OB/ GYN told me to stop at about 35 weeks. Thinned blood does cause you to bleed a little more than you normally would which is why they suggest you stop a few weeks before labor. But I don't think it is a massive concern if you take it all the way until the end either.

I spoke to my mw today and asked if I should still be taking it and she said yes it's fine..so I guess it does depend on circumstance x

Me too. May ask the midwife at my sweep tmrw. I too have just kept taking it. They said it would decrease the risk of preeclampsia, which it may of as I never developed it.

I'm on mine until delivery, as it was prescribed to help prevent pre eclampsia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->