Question for ladies who have HG

Dreamer320

Mommy & Preggers <3
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with Hypermesis again for this pregnancy and I tried diglesis from weeks 5-7 and it didn't help me so I am now on zofran (most I take is 12-16mg a day) but yesterday and today it seems the sickness got worse?

Zofran isn't helping and I am puking 10+ times a day last two days.

When medicine stopped working for you , what did the doctors do?

Thanks

My HG was mild, I went in for fluids two days in a row and on 8mg of zofran ODT seemed to help reset me. I also am taking unisom at night and 1/2 in the morning and 25mg sublingual b6 every few hours.

Vomiting that much try calling your dr again. My dr said the primabella band was another option if the unisom wasn't working (but it did)

Thanks for the reply... Doctor wants to admit me for fluids.

Hi, I've had HG severely with both my previous pregnancies. Nothing worked to stop it but cyclizine took the edge off. My sickness carried on for the whole 9 months and ceased immediately after my both my daughters were born. There is nothing much doctors can do, though some will try lots of combinations of meds and I know one lady who was taking 5 different pills a day.
My new doctor has prescribed me cyclizine again for this pregnancy but I will try not to take it, touch wood no sickness yet! No one knows what side effects the medications could have on your baby so I try to take sparingly. With enough fluids and rest you will find a way to carry on.

:hugs:

I took 4mg of Zofran every 4 hours during the day (helped prevent the cramping that 8mg every 8 hours was giving me). That stopped the vomiting for me, but not the nausea. The only thing that kept that in check was eating constantly, whatever I could stomach. Protein worked the best, because it stuck with me a little longer. My HG got worse in the evenings, and I took a suppository of Phenergan. I can't remember what the mg amount was, but it was pretty high. Drowsiness was a side effect, which helped me fall asleep despite feeling sick. I took both of these until my son was born.

This is my second pregnancy, and I have suffered from severe HG in both. It has been incredibly rough. I had to have a PICC line placed, and we administer fluids every other day. I had tried Reglan, Zofran, and every other "remedy" you can think of, but now they have me on 12.5 mg Phenergan during the day and we up it to 25 mg at night. I still vomit quite often, but it helps. I'm praying for some second trimester relief, but know that is probably not likely. We have to remain positive and know that once that baby is in our arms, all will be worth it! Good luck to you all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->