• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Question for ladies with IUI success please

hmommy219

Reaction score
Hello lucky ladies,

First off, CONGRATS to you, and wishing you health and happiness over the next nine months and beyond. :flower:

My question is, I'm about to begin the IUI process and wondered about continuing to use Evening Primrose Oil, Fertilaid, etc,. all the supplements I've been using to boost fertility (of course, to no avail..lol) in previous months. Should I lay off, or keep using? What did you do?
I will be using Clomid with my IUI.

Any other tips, advice and so forth would be so appreciated. :hugs:

Thanks so much,. :thumbup:

Hello
I concieved on my 4th IUI and all I was taking was folic acid. The 4th go was my last before IVF and I kind of gave up...stopped the promegrante juice to thicken my lining and also the grapefruit juice to help mucus.

I did over respond to the Gonal-F and it nearly didnt go ahead fro me. I said to them as it was my last go I was happy with the risk of multiples and so glad I did.

I had a scan at 6+2 and I have a bean with a heartbeat :)

Good luck and never give up....it will happen one day. x

Wobberly, CONGRATS!! Thank you so much for responding. It's funny you mentioned 'over responding' because I already told my FS that if I over respond, we're going with it! If I end up on Oprah, so be it! lol...

Ok, so I'll stick with a prenatal with folic acid then.. which was what I was planning on doing. The Fertilaid is so strong though, that I wasn't sure if I should lay off that one, or not.

Good luck to you on a fab pregnancy, and beautiful baby!! x

I didn't do any of that extra stuff for my IUI cycle. I just did the doctor-prescribed stuff: prenatals, Clomid, Metformin (I have PCOS), baby aspirin, hcg shot, and then progesterone gel. My first IUI was successful. If you really want to continue them you should just ask your doctor. :)

I would also like to add that two days before and the day after the IUI DH and I BD with Preseed and Softcups.

As far as I know you have to lay off the fertility aid stuff when your on Clomid or any other fertility drug. That's what I read and was told by doctor. I would talk to Dr's about any other vitamins.

Hello lucky ladies,

First off, CONGRATS to you, and wishing you health and happiness over the next nine months and beyond. :flower:

My question is, I'm about to begin the IUI process and wondered about continuing to use Evening Primrose Oil, Fertilaid, etc,. all the supplements I've been using to boost fertility (of course, to no avail..lol) in previous months. Should I lay off, or keep using? What did you do?

I didn't do any of that extra stuff for my IUI cycle. I just did the doctor-prescribed stuff: prenatals, Clomid, Metformin (I have PCOS), baby aspirin, hcg shot, and then progesterone gel. My first IUI was successful. If you really want to continue them you should just ask your doctor. :)

I would also like to add that two days before and the day after the IUI DH and I BD with Preseed and Softcups.

wow.. thank you so much for your response. I'm writing all this down!! :thumbup:

Congrats to you, and best wishes for a healthy nine months and beyond! :hugs:

As far as I know you have to lay off the fertility aid stuff when your on Clomid or any other fertility drug. That's what I read and was told by doctor. I would talk to Dr's about any other vitamins.

Hello lucky ladies,

OK.. I will check on the fertilaid.. I think I've heard that before regarding clomid use. Thank you so much for responding, and best of luck to you with your pregnancy!! :hugs:

wow.. thank you so much for your response. I'm writing all this down!! :thumbup:

Congrats to you, and best wishes for a healthy nine months and beyond! :hugs:

You're welcome and thank you :)

Hello. I'm 41 and my first iui (frozen sperm) didn't work. I'll give it a second chance in two months. I'm on vitamins, folic acid, good eating habits, moderate exercise and I don't have any hormonal problems (just some mild PMS symptoms.) Should I take evening primrose oil and vitex? I don't have any ovarian problems and already took medication for a slightly high prolactine level. Your advice will be highly appreciated. By the way, is there a way to help frozen sperm last longer once the procedure is done? Thank you!!!! :baby:

I stopped everything but prenatal vitamins when I had my iui. We were very fortunate to have it work on the first try. I did femara/trigger shot/iui 36 hrs after. They had DH come in to do his part in the morning then had us also bd that night. Good luck!!!

Hello!
We did two IUI's, (with frozen swimmers), and for the first we did nothing special, the second, only prenatal vitamin which ive been taking for years anyway, folic acid, clomid on CD 3-7 and trigger shot on cd 22 ...i didnt take or do anything extra, because alot of herbal supplements can interact with Rx medications, and its not cheap to have the cycles done (vs natural methods), so i wasnt chancing anything... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"